NOOOOOB i need help!

Mistah ken

I have done heli's. But i have had awful luck, Can someone please help me pick out a Transmitter with links and a good plane? and or a heli? Ill do heli's again just need a good one!!!!

Nonamerc

Arman
Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

Please give us some more details:
Which planes/helis have you flown/crashed.
What are you interested in? 3d heli quadrocopter hexacopter tricopter. Glider, trainer, park flyer, edf, 3d plane.
Do you want both heli and plane or just one of them. Also important, how much money do you want to spent. I think that the turnigy 9X with an frsky module is a good choice.

Arman

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Here's the above mentioned good tx:

Mode 1 (throttle on right) http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=24257&aff=516279
Mode 2 (throttle on left) http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=20976&aff=516279

The FrSky modules are on backorder at the moment, which means that they might take a couple of weeks before the order will be shipped: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=14349&aff=516279

Here's a great beginner plane: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=8359&aff=516279

Here's a good battery to use: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=8932&aff=516279

glydr

How many letters do we ge
Helis are great... though I reckon its best to start out with fixed pitch as they are generally more durable than collective pitch helis.

Better again to start out with planes... get a Bixler!

Mistah ken

I like heli's better because i dont really have a lont of room to fly a plane. No one where i live does any of this stuff. And there are no wide open places. i need something small and slow. for a heli i had a double horse 9116 but it sucked. And i have just for fun a indoor Syma 107g. Which is awsome. I was think of the the E-Flite MSR. Or for a plane the stratos

Mistah ken

Actually. i just said screw it and went out and bought the stratos. And i do great with it. I havenet crashed it one time.Next thing i want to move up to is the champ. Cause its a little differnt

Flash1940

I like the GWS Slow Stick. I use HXT-900 servos on all flying surfaces and I cut out the ailerons and wired up for ailerons. You could use just about any motor on there. I use a 1000mAH battery and a 25A ESC. It's just a fun.....low performance....fixable model that you can take out there & enjoy. I put a tail skid and larger wheels so that I could fly off grass at the soccer field. The wing is big & slow & wobbly.....so.....don't crank on the speed or fly on a windy day.....I guarantee you will like it !
Flash

Nonamerc

Arman
I like the GWS Slow Stick. I use HXT-900 servos on all flying surfaces and I cut out the ailerons and wired up for ailerons. You could use just about any motor on there. I use a 1000mAH battery and a 25A ESC. It's just a fun.....low performance....fixable model that you can take out there & enjoy. I put a tail skid and larger wheels so that I could fly off grass at the soccer field. The wing is big & slow & wobbly.....so.....don't crank on the speed or fly on a windy day.....I guarantee you will like it !
Flash

Do you have any vids about that?

Arman, nonamerc

Espen Kristensen

I use Futaba for tx and rx. Not cheap but never had any problems.

Newbie plane: Start with some EPO plane. I started with a Cessna EPO from a local dealer. What about the Bixler from Hobbyking?

Choppers: I wanted to start with choppers, and a guy told me that I should use quad for training. Ordered one from hobbyking and got it up and running in 2 hours. With help from Josh video and some other videos on youtube.

Started this great hobby 1,5 year ago, and Flitetest have learned me alot. :)

IamNabil

I started out with a 9116, and then made the jump to an MCPx. Too much helicopter for me right now, but it came with a dx4e, and that is what I am using for my parkzone P-51 and mQX. The P-51 is a bit squirmy for a first plane, and I've broken a bunch of stuff on it, but it is fun to fly. The MQX is a hoot, and I fly that more than anything else right now. My next purchase will be some kind of starter hotliner, maybe a bixler. If you like heli's, get an mQX. I cannot say enough good things about it. The rtf version comes with a serviceable radio. I actually forgot that I had the dx4e, so I got the rtf mQX.

IamNabil

I like heli's better because i dont really have a lont of room to fly a plane. No one where i live does any of this stuff. And there are no wide open places. i need something small and slow. for a heli i had a double horse 9116 but it sucked. And i have just for fun a indoor Syma 107g. Which is awsome. I was think of the the E-Flite MSR. Or for a plane the stratos

The 9116 isn't a bad helicopter, but it isn't put together very well. I spent the first four hours leveling the swashplate, and that made it a MUCH better helicopter.