North Carolina Flite Test Flyers

Lorenzo

That would be fun - we'd just need to find a place that'll have us...or at least not care if we fly there.

mrstamp80

I got access to the carolina renaissance festival field,(concord N.C.) trust me plenty big enough. By the way I got fat shark predator goggles. Fly with them all the time. My small camera has a turn able focus to help. Fat shark also offers different corrective lenses for their goggles.

I think we should figure out who has access to a suitable location and then figure out how many people would be interested in going and where they live and then choose the site that is closest to everyone (just an idea open to other stuff haha) . I can ask my scoutmaster if he would let us use the scout hut there is a huge area to fly and a building with plenty of places to charge batteries and a bathroom. If i plan it he may even let me use that for community service hours or a merit badge.

Lorenzo

If you guys don't mind I am going to start a list at the beginning of this thread with FT Screen Names and their NC Location, just as a quick reference guide for folks to see who is in their area.

bstanley72

I got access to the carolina renaissance festival field,(concord N.C.) trust me plenty big enough. By the way I got fat shark predator goggles. Fly with them all the time. My small camera has a turn able focus to help. Fat shark also offers different corrective lenses for their goggles.

I live in South Charlotte, I would be in for a Charlotte area FT event. I actually fly out at Waymer field in Huntersville occasionally.

bstanley72

Possibly, though the diopters come in a set of three with different strengths, ultimately I guess you'll just have to try it to know for sure.

mrstamp80

I live in South Charlotte, I would be in for a Charlotte area FT event. I actually fly out at Waymer field in Huntersville occasionally.

That's awesome, I have been out to the waymer field but i i have never flown there. I got the membership paper to get a key just to lazy to fill it out.

When it gets a little warmer. We should defiantly have a meet up. I am down for it. Also me and a couple buddies will be going down to Joe Nall in the spring and camping.

Lorenzo

When it gets a little warmer. We should defiantly have a meet up. I am down for it. Also me and a couple buddies will be going down to Joe Nall in the spring and camping.

Agreed. Also, the fam and I will be trying to make it down for Joe Nall as well.

phyber

I live in Danville, VA but Greensboro is only about a 45 minute drive. Haven't found any Southside VA flyers, but I'd be interested in an organized meet up sometime.

Lorenzo

I live in Danville, VA but Greensboro is only about a 45 minute drive. Haven't found any Southside VA flyers, but I'd be interested in an organized meet up sometime.

We don't take kindly to you high-falutin' Virginny folk round here. Just kidding, I'll add ya to the list, we'll have our selves our own Flite Fest before too long.

phyber

I hoped I would be able to find a group in gboro, up in Danville not many are able/willing to learn flying. I surely won't know anyone at the meet, just be nice :p

mrstamp80

So, far everyone in this community (flite test) has been very very friendly. So i am sure when we do a meet up, you shouldn't have any issues with anyone.

Bstanly72, If you are ever up in the huntersville area on a saturday's around 4:15pm , me and few guys from work and a bro in law fly at Grand oak elementry school (between exit 23&25 off 77) There is a rather large field we use next to the school.

I actually climbed the roof of the school once to retrieve my bro in law's plane (mercury tech one, from nitro planes). He was flying from the back side of the school for some weird reason, and lost radio signal due to the flysky radio, everytime it loses signal would go to a spiral dive. (he now has the new dx6). This was the first time he was using the gopro (black $400) I keep meaning to send the crash story in for the podcast's but keep forgetting maybe i will do that now. Just watch the video..