North Carolina Flite Test Flyers

mrstamp80

Hi everyone my name is Brad Peters live in Charlotte and fly at Waymer Park in Huntersville
This is the club I belong to great bunch of guys awesome place to fly http://flyingacesrc.com/FlyingAces.aspx
I went to Joe nall had an awesome time flying with Josh Bixler
View attachment 47553 View attachment 47554
Here is a video of Josh flying one of my scratch builds
I hope you all enjoy and can't wait to meet up with all my Flitetest friends.
Look me up on Facebook

That's awesome, I am only about 20 mins from the waymer park. I have been to it a few times while running over to the dump next door (for work reasons). I have the membership paper sitting right here to mail in, and to get the key to use the field. Just in my busy season at work right now (6 days 65 hrs a week).

Does anyone at that field fly multirotors or fpv? I fly lots of fixed wing, fixed wing fpv and getting into the multi's, I have a tricopter and 250 race quad . Thanks Ken

DaveA

Super Duper Monocouper
Welcome ChrisR. My son lives just west of Midland. I'm planning on some park flying in his neighborhood with the grandsons this fall.

How about some Flite Fest stories, some one?

kujo.motley@gmail.com

Charlotte NC

Hey everybody, i live in the Mint Hill area and fly at the Mint hill park or sometimes at Rocky River High school and know some friends from the Ballantyne area who fly at the Big church, i cant think of the name right now.;)

SwissFreek

is anyone in the southern pines aria?

I'm in Fayetteville, so not so far from you. There's a few of us FliteTest fans that fly down at Davis Bridge Aero Modelers on the edge of Fayetteville/Parkton. Probably a haul for you from Southern Pines, but it's a friendly club that flies all kinds of stuff.

WAC@NC

Design/Build Addiction
Mt Airy, NC at the VA line

Just wanted to say hello to the NC FT crowd. We are in Mt Airy at the VA line. My son is the builder/flyer of planes/multirotors. I can scratch build like nobody's business and fly like ....OK I'm a terrible pilot. But my lack of flying skills keeps me building. We're very exited at the moment because my son will be developing the FT STEM program at his high school because of awesome teachers and FT. Drop us a line if your in the area and maybe we can put something in the air together (no guarantee it will stay there). We have a large hay field/creek/camping area in a remote location that would make for a great camping/flying event if we go about it the right way. There are also 2 established flying fields locally with a great group of folks. We have very little time so we do most of our testing at our home field. I'm just grateful to the FT community for giving my son and I a great way to share and learn.

Best Regards,
Warren

Lorenzo

Happy to hear from you, I actually work out of Mt Airy (live in Greensboro). Maybe we could do some flying one day.

WAC@NC

Design/Build Addiction
Hey Lorenzo! Becoming more common to see people commute to Mt Airy to work. Are you or any other NC flyers going to the F3expo in Atlanta? We're planning to be there Sat/Sun to gather info on the ft stem program and watch some amazing flying.

Lorenzo

That sounds like it ought to be a lot of fun - if it's this weekend I won't make it unfortunately , I'll be in NYC till Saturday evening.

WAC@NC

Design/Build Addiction
f3expo

That sounds like it ought to be a lot of fun - if it's this weekend I won't make it unfortunately , I'll be in NYC till Saturday evening.

So, it was a blast! True to their integrity, the FT family put forth a huge effort. The future of this hobby is going to be amazing. Everyone there focused on getting this technology in the hands of kids starting at k5. My son gained some confidence to follow his dream of starting the STEM program in his school system. And the pilots skills are to hard to comprehend. Sixty + mph in the strait! How does that equate when scaled to Redbull air race or NASCAR?

mrstamp80

Is anyone planning on attending the "Frosty Dog" at triple tree?

Also just a fyi, i got a buddy that watches the property of where the carolina renaissance festival is held, (gps 35.434358, -80.770845 ) We use the parking field, which just recently got expanded to about 3,000ft x 3,000ft HUGE !!! We generally fly on sundays in the am. It is gated and private property. It is a fantastic place to fly and the guy that watches the property fly's as well. If anyone wants to join us let me know.

bstanley72

Is anyone planning on attending the "Frosty Dog" at triple tree?

Also just a fyi, i got a buddy that watches the property of where the carolina renaissance festival is held, (gps 35.434358, -80.770845 ) We use the parking field, which just recently got expanded to about 3,000ft x 3,000ft HUGE !!! We generally fly on sundays in the am. It is gated and private property. It is a fantastic place to fly and the guy that watches the property fly's as well. If anyone wants to join us let me know.

Are you flying all belly landers, or is there the ability to fly planes with gear?

mrstamp80

Gear and belly, You can fly off the hard gravel road that wraps around the field, look at google maps. My bro in law flies a apprentice off the grass and gravel no problem. The ren festival just ended so the all the grass is completely matted down from all the cars parking on it.

bstanley72

I will try to get up there and check it out sometime! I'll reach out to you when I think am able and see if you guys are going to be out there.