North Carolina Flite Test Flyers

aeroncalover

It shouldn't do that....
Just thought I'd throw a little plug out there- If you live around Raleigh, Garner, Apex etc, Raleigh Hobby is the Hobby shop to go to. If they don't have what you need in stock they can most likely order it. Come in on a Friday or Saturday and You'll probably see me behind the counter, so stop by and say Hi!

http://raleighhobby.com/

4505 Fayetteville Road Raleigh NC 27603
Phone: 919-772-1211

Across from the super Wal-mart and inside of Pro-Mow equipment sales.

DCAirBrush

Just throwing this out there, a few of us mini quad guys have started a FB group for the carolina's.

Search for Carolina's Fpv Pilots ��

mrstamp80

Well, about 2 months ago I decided to get a membership pass to the David B Waymer flying field. The best part is it's only $27 a year! There is a organized club that flies out of there but you do not have to join it. So far met some great people. They have a nice paved asphalt runway as well.

The address is : 15401 Holbrooks Rd, Huntersville, NC 28078

Since my field at the renaissance festival is getting overgrown ( th guy lets it grow up to sell the hay). I figured I needed a back up for the summer months.

DCairbrush - where do you guys fly?

wizard122

Flying Aces

My favorite place to fly. Everyone is so helpful and nice and the field is great. Hope to see you there. My name is Brad

mrstamp80

Yup agreed, I flew out there this evening (saturday), Had a weird brown out with the tiny trainer, and had to tromp through those nasty briares at the bottom of the hill to get it. Good news the tiny trainer only broke a prop! Weather is supposed to be great monday 4-18, I will hang out for a a bit monday morning.

jjthrash

Hi everybody, I'm new here and still trying to figure out whether this is a long-term hobby for me and my family, but for what it's worth I'm in Mebane, NC and having a good time so far.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Eastover (Fayetteville) NC Chiming in!

I fell off the FT turnip truck about a month ago.
Have NO RC plane experience and only recent quad Experience.

Scratch built 4 planes so far and have them ready to go.
Last week had my first shot and blew it. Tried twice - promptly crashed twice... Payed the price of Going Cheap.
I hope try again real soon now that I've fixed my issues.

Anyway - HELLO!

FoamyDM

minor probs

The elevator was reversed and the hk-t6a-v2 doesn't have rev switches on the unit. And on the second throw the prop nut came off. And couldn't find it. Spares were in my other builds.

Again small. But enough to call it. Frustrating on other fronts pre and post flight. (Kids and time restrictions). Figured i'd stop before i got way behind and very discouraged.

debay777

I Love $Tree foam
If you haven't sorted the radio out, there is apparently a way to program it via desktop PC. You can reverse the channel there

FoamyDM

debay777 I'm learning on a 3 channel version of a Tiny Trainer(Elev/Rud/Thro). I have sorted it out with my computer, but had to go home to do it. It's ready for my next available flight day. which is looking like near the end of the month. I need to get that transmitter set up with the wifi phone mod so I can fix it with my phone in the field.

bstanley72

Anybody here fly at (or is a member of) Riverside Aeromodelers Society in East bend (outside of Winston-Salem)? Will be in the area over Thanksgiving and thought I might go check it out.