North Carolina Flite Test Flyers

Radioactive1866

I'm in the Lake Norman area. I'm currently learning/crashing at lake norman high school in mooresville. Would love to go to some kind of meet up around here and I'm sure my brother in law would attend as well.

THEGH0ST556

I own 5 acres in Chocowinity and the neighbors let me use their fields too. (Farm land, really open)

I've got family in Newport and spend time down there some weekends.

Have lots of templates printed and glued. I mostly fly fixed wing and some quads. A few models that are still airworthy but that's the glory of foam. A Pack, F Pack motor only, C Pack, & 70mm EDF.

Hit me up if you want to fly or build.

Flyingcollins

The list is growing! While we haven't organized anything yet (one day...), this is the place to get in touch with your fellow Flite Test fanatics should you happen to live in (or around) the great state of North Carolina. Stop by, say hello, and we'll keep the directory updated should we choose to one day unite and start a revolution...or, you know, go fly some remote control models together.

NC Flite Test Flyers (so far) :

mrstamp80 - Sherrills Ford (Lake Norman)

meatay - Greensboro

FlyingEli14 - Statesville

jburchel - High Point

severed - Graham

Lorenzo - Greensboro

bstanley72 - Charlotte

phyber - Danville, VA

DaveA - Mooresville

sierra_bravo - Charlotte

rcflyer729 - Monroe

FeWolf - Fayetteville

BigAl07 - Clyde

iwlf - Mount Gilead

DRONE JONES - Greenville

Curins - Moore County (Pinehurst Area)

AandPmechanic - Newport

ncsky - Holly Springs

wizard122 - Charlotte

Denibqatlh - Gastonia

Hoyteq - Morrisville

dwight - Apex

CeRuLeaNBLu - Asheville

aeroncalover - Newton Grove

debay777 - Newport

flyingcollins - Charlotte

I am in Charlotte till the end of August for work and I am looking for people to fly with while I am here :)
Feel free to message me! I am eager to meet new people around the area

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Hi Everyone,

Looks like a large group in NC. I was at Joe Nall last week and ran across several people from parts of NC.

I'm located in Holly Springs.
where do you end up flying? That's close to Eastover, NC.

FoamyDM

FeWolf, Fayetteville,NC aka Ft. Bragg Home of the Airborne.
I do not really fly much I am more of a builder, Build lots of plans for young people to get into RC.
What are you building? what's your latest?

FoamyDM

I'm in Fayetteville, so not so far from you. There's a few of us FliteTest fans that fly down at Davis Bridge Aero Modelers on the edge of Fayetteville/Parkton. Probably a haul for you from Southern Pines, but it's a friendly club that flies all kinds of stuff.
some weekend we should meetup and fly a bit.

FoamyDM

I think It took 3-4 months before I flew a half-lap around the football field. another 4 before I flew again, solidly (like a WHOLE lap) a whole year later to do it with confidence. A Simulator really helps with getting your mind wrapped around orientation and getting your thumbs to do tell your plane do what your brain wants. also you can use it to try out tricks. (Like flying inversions.)

FeWolf

I think It took 3-4 months before I flew a half-lap around the football field. another 4 before I flew again, solidly (like a WHOLE lap) a whole year later to do it with confidence. A Simulator really helps with getting your mind wrapped around orientation and getting your thumbs to do tell your plane do what your brain wants. also you can use it to try out tricks. (Like flying inversions.)
I am flying at local school, which happens to have a very large farm land, known the family for years

RedTwilight

I'm from the Hurdle Mills / Roxboro area in Person County just north of Durham.

I'm new to the forum but not to Flite Test. Admittedly I haven't built very many FT planes other than some our club did for a few scout groups. But I have designed, built, painted, and flown a few foamies of both profile and full fuse designs.