North End Radio Control Flying Club (North Seattle Area)

BirdzEye

Just sent my request to join the Facebook Group. I'm in the Kirkland area (closer to Kenmore). Just got back into the hobby after a long hiatus of a few years. Started with Heli's but thanks to Flite Test, I'm back in it starting with Foam Planes.

siriussr

unfortunately I dont know if any other means of online communication/gathering besides various forums and facebook, but please let me know if you have any suggestions!

kenc

where do you fly

I live in Bothell and just built my first plane. the FT speedster. Where can I fly? I think I read a post that you fly at the Kenmore Jr High on weekends. I've been practicing on the Phoenix sim, but have never flown an rc plane before.

ken

siriussr

I have never flown at Kenmore, but a few good places to fly are the empty lot in canyon park, the demolished school by ballinger way, and the old woodway high school.

kenc

flying sites

I have never flown at Kenmore, but a few good places to fly are the empty lot in canyon park, the demolished school by ballinger way, and the old woodway high school.

I'll try the Ballinger way school this evening when it cools off!! 60 acre park in Redmond seems to be having a major soccer event. I'm close to canyon park, but the empty field there doesn't have any parking, unless it's the building next door? Do you think it would be ok to fly in the park next to the Seattle times building? I went by Kenmore Jr. High Tuesday but there were walkers on the oval track. The RC field map seems to point more north of the Jr. High. Were does your group meet to fly?

siriussr

I'll try the Ballinger way school this evening when it cools off!! 60 acre park in Redmond seems to be having a major soccer event. I'm close to canyon park, but the empty field there doesn't have any parking, unless it's the building next door? Do you think it would be ok to fly in the park next to the Seattle times building? I went by Kenmore Jr. High Tuesday but there were walkers on the oval track. The RC field map seems to point more north of the Jr. High. Were does your group meet to fly?

At canyon park, just park across the street and walk there, you will be fine.

I would assume it would be OK to fly at one of the sports fields as long as no one is using it.

As far as kenmore goes, I am not sure, I haven't been there before.

We actually haven't had a meet and greet/fly yet. I am hoping to plan one sometime this summer. It would be awesome to not fly solo for once!

kenc

later that same hot day in June

At canyon park, just park across the street and walk there, you will be fine.

I would assume it would be OK to fly at one of the sports fields as long as no one is using it.

As far as kenmore goes, I am not sure, I haven't been there before.

We actually haven't had a meet and greet/fly yet. I am hoping to plan one sometime this summer. It would be awesome to not fly solo for once!

I'll try my FT speedster at the field in Canyon Park this Saturday am. It's not a large area. I have a mini scout kit coming which may do better in a small area. Rhododendron Park in Kenmore looks perfect, but sign says no RC planes. I wonder if these rules were put up before the era of electric rc? The large grass park just north of the Seattle Times building is calling! Have not seen any posted signs that say no rc and parking is good.