Northrop T38 Thunderbird version EDF - done

leaded50

Legendary member
looks great though... tried put together approx by paper, but is "too big" for the 64mm EDF, need adjust size. 1340mm x 790mm is more than wanted. Gonna check up if can make plans good enough, of course build by the Master style.
T-38A_Talon.png

leaded50

Legendary member
the frontpart is ready!! Easy done blue stripes by a marker. All the work ( light filler, paint,eg. ) gave 20g more than the plain foamboard at start. It has a length of 550mm , and the cockpit is a hatch for electronic and battery, now ready . Yes, im satisfied!

DSC_0064 (1).JPG

leaded50

Legendary member
looking pretty slick, did you just do the paint scheme in sharpie?

Fuselage is painted in white spray, windows used a blue paint and a swamp dragged over to tone down blue color, pluss give a foggy/ window effectJ. edges on window is markers, same as the rest, decals/blue stripe at freehand.(no weight anyway)

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
Wings made today, and in place. taped the two parts together for a glidetest, that did go very good, straight, and with adjusted weight CG where calculated. Total weight ready to fly will be 820g with a 1800 mAh 3s battery.

Then its just get the rear part ready for paint, eg.

DSC_0067.JPG
DSC_0066.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0068 (1).JPG
    DSC_0068 (1).JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 0

leaded50

Legendary member
@CrazyFastFlying , i doubt he would liked this one, just of foam :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: Ha,ha.
I have had that 64mm upgraded 12 blade EDF laying here over a year, it about time its used.... and to make a nice jet now when understand how foamboard can be used, and shaped, fit right.
Its not totally scale, a touch higher profile, bigger intake profiles, and adjusted wing size to glide better eg. but im satisfyed with the outcome.

I plan using whole elevator wings adjustable, no rudder, but ailerons/flaperons that also could mix with elevator.

leaded50

Legendary member
The Jet is done (close too) At least in paint. Still in two parts, since waiting for some servos, retractable landing gear eg.
The upgraded 12 blade EDF with 2822-3500KV motor and thrust tube is in place, also the red-brick esc with the cooling ribs under the belly.
Many of the EDF planes is tailheavy, here i get the EDF closer to the CG (where the the two parts of fuselage is connected) who did fit perfect with 3 or 4s battery in cockpit. No need for extra weight to center the CG. Im using the 64mm EDF, but by adjusting of the inside formers at top, even 70mm EDF could be put inside.
It was ment to be a copy of the NASA Talon, but needed changes to fit my purpose. My plane have a "fatter" fuselage to get place for the EDF without making a longer/bigger plane. I didnt want it bigger, or possible heavier. This is 800g ready with battery (will be more with retractable landing gear) who will fit nicely with the 1250g thrust. The intakes to the "jetengine" is bigger than on the Talon, and both is correct to total of the EDF (no need for extra cheaterholes)
Main fuselage is by 8 sections, formed the "masterbuild way"
Length 950mm
Wingspan: 730mm

DSC_0070 (1).JPG
DSC_0069.JPG

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
Its more or less "buildt as go" but will try put together a buildplan of the jet. Most of the parts "skins" are stored.

And you know.. another shape of tailfin & cockpit, changed the wings/eleron. to delta style.. we got close too a french Mirage Jet...

Last edited: