Solved Not Crashing Enough!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
What the heck do you do when you stop crashing all your builds? They're just piling up! I need the parts from those planes, what kind of nerve do they have to keep on flying??!!

20191127_212856.jpg

I'm out of just about everything and I've more planes that I want to build. I can't in good conscience, just take them out and crash them. I want to fly them! But I'm out of parts!

I need to crash, so that I can build more, only I don't crash as much as I used to. Actually I'm pretty thankful for that. It's not a bad problem to have. ;) Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

mayan

Legendary member
I say strip the electronics from those that you don't fly as much or enjoy flying less and put the electronics in a new body. Then if you crash the new plane or want to fly any of the old ones just put back the electronics. I do that mainly with ESCs, Rxs, motors. Servos I tend to leave in the planes, because that makes everything a tad more complicated :).

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I say strip the electronics from those that you don't fly as much or enjoy flying less and put the electronics in a new body. Then if you crash the new plane or want to fly any of the old ones just put back the electronics. I do that mainly with ESCs, Rxs, motors. Servos I tend to leave in the planes, because that makes everything a tad more complicated :).
LOL. Nobody reads the small print. ;) The whole post is about the fact that I'm thankful that I'm crashing less. The punchline is the last few sentences.

I've got too many planes, because I'm not crashing? That's not a burden, that's a blessing, and I'm thankful for it! What a wonderful problem to have, that I would wish upon even my best of friends! I say again, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :D

mayan

Legendary member
LOL. Nobody reads the small print. ;) The whole post is about the fact that I'm thankful that I'm crashing less. The punchline is the last few sentences.

I've got too many planes, because I'm not crashing? That's not a burden, that's a blessing, and I'm thankful for it! What a wonderful problem to have, that I would wish upon even my best of friends! I say again, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :D
True happy thanks giving. Hoe you find a solution for your not problem :). You can always take any of the planes to the fly as hard as you can challenge that @The Hangar created :).

Bricks

Master member
First off you are not trying hard enough if you are not crashing. Second there is a reason for places to buy more parts.

, I probably have around 35-40 receivers, piles of servos,, a couple boxes of motors, ESC`s, plus Nitro and gas engines even still some times when putting a plane together I don`t have the right combination refer back to the Second reason.

speedbirdted

Legendary member
Tip for added destruction: disconnect the ESC cable from the reciever and hook it up to a servo tester cranked to max and hot glued in place, then run the servos off another battery. That way, you have to fly max throttle, no exceptions! Then just do increasingly stressful maneuvers until it fights the ground or the wings fall off.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Tip for added destruction: disconnect the ESC cable from the reciever and hook it up to a servo tester cranked to max and hot glued in place, then run the servos off another battery. That way, you have to fly max throttle, no exceptions! Then just do increasingly stressful maneuvers until it fights the ground or the wings fall off.
I like where your idea is going. Put the throttle on a toggle switch. On or off baby!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I love this forum! Where else can you make a post saying how thankful you are that your flying skills have improved and you're not crashing as much, and what you get is advice on how to crash more?! We are a unique and wonderful group of people. Thank you all for being here! :love: