Help! Not enough channels on the transmitter for the flight controller

Noob777

Hello, I am pretty comfortable flying FPV. But now I think it is time to buy a flight controller, mostly for safety reasons for example if I lose signal. But also I think that it would be cool to have stabilized plane.

Now comes the sad part. I have Flysky i6 6ch transmitter but the flight controller that I would like to buy needs more channels for its modes. This is the flight controller "EFEI SN-L V2 OWL FPV Flight Controller".

What are the possible workarounds for this problem?

Sincerely,
Martins

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
...but the flight controller that I would like to buy needs more channels for its modes...
Most flight controllers use one channel to select the flight mode. The change modes by changing the value the channel is sending. Similar to changing the position of a servo by changing the value the channel is sending.

Noob777

Thanks for the answer. But I think that I didn't phrase the question right. The transmitter that I currently have has only one 3-mode switch. And I can't find a way how to assign other switches to the same channel. I need so many because the flight controller has like 6 modes.

Foamforce

Thanks for the answer. But I think that I didn't phrase the question right. The transmitter that I currently have has only one 3-mode switch. And I can't find a way how to assign other switches to the same channel. I need so many because the flight controller has like 6 modes.

Perhaps you can use one of the knobs and mark the six positions?

Or possibly use a mix to combine a 2 way switch with a 3 way switch for 6 total positions?

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
2 way switch could be -.6 and +.6 (based on a full range of -1 to +1)
3 way switch would then be -.4, 0, +.4
which would give you the full set of -1.0, -0.6, -0.2, +0.2, +0.6, +1.0
by playing with the exact values you get for each of the switches, you should be able to get yourself a full 6 positions

Foamforce

This tutorial seems to be what you’re looking for. I’ve never tried it though.

Listen....search for fsi6 10 channel mod

Shurik-1960

I was given 4 ARDUCOPTER 2.8 flight controllers. I flashed them with the firmware for the aircraft in Mission planner. I have 3 modes: manual, stabilization and return home. I can install new mods in the field before the flight in the Android program: stabilization, automatic flight by points, return home. A total of 4 channels are used: pitch, ailerons, gas, Arducopter 2.8 mode . What other 3 Modes do you want for the aircraft? Follow me....?