not flying anymore :P

jokke47

Flying my Hframe quadcopter fpv.
Not 100% sure what happend :(
Crash @ 3:50

anyone have an aider of what happened?

OutcastZeroOne

Fly, yes... Land, no
wow, those motors sounded really bad. Im wondering if an ESC overheated and shut down. any melted heat shrink on you ESCs?

jokke47

Its all working :)
couple of weeks ago I had a crash in some sand, and after that the motors got worse every flight.

OutcastZeroOne

Fly, yes... Land, no
you may have sand in a motor. Sand has a knack for getting into places it isnt wanted on moving parts. May want to try taking them apart and giving them a good cleaning. pop off the e clips on the ends of the motor shafts, get a can of compressed air (this stuff you get from office supply stores for clean keyboards) its moisture free so its perfict for cleaning electronics. the tube that they come with also is great for getting into that tiny space between the upper and lower bearings of most motors.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Did you have a lockout? Seemed like you had a blip just before the final death tumble...

jokke47

I have just disassemble the quad.
Now I got two suspects.
* Sand in the motors
* loose wiring to the two front motors (power)

So next il do is clean the motors, then rebuild the quad.(with new wiring)

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
You could also have damaged the bearings. Bad bearings heating up could lock the motor.

jokke47

image.jpg one of the front motors. No sand on the magnets or coil. only this damaged copper wire...

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Well that's not good! So, any idea how the windings got loose enough to hit the magnets?

jokke47

No ;( only this one winding was full. You dont se it on the picture, its more copper on this winding outside of the metal core. The winding on the right, its a smaller winding.

Last edited: