Not your average FT Cub pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Fox

I cant believe how people are being, my entire life fell apart and i was on the edge of suicide and discovering this hobby literally saved my life, it was and continues to be a very important therapeutic tool and i couldn't cope without it.

I haven't just hit the skys blindly, ive done my research on flight paths, restricted airspace and also studied the skys over months and months, i do not put anyone in danger and if i lived anywhere near an airport or closer to the military airspace then i would not fly.

i put nobody in any danger, none of you know the site i fly, i do, im not stupid.

I wont post about my flying here again, i dont need the stress, im not a well person and when im flying is the only time my mind is not on negative things.

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
I cant believe how people are being, my entire life fell apart and i was on the edge of suicide and discovering this hobby literally saved my life, it was and continues to be a very important therapeutic tool and i couldn't cope without it.

I haven't just hit the skys blindly, ive done my research on flight paths, restricted airspace and also studied the skys over months and months, i do not put anyone in danger and if i lived anywhere near an airport or closer to the military airspace then i would not fly.

i put nobody in any danger, none of you know the site i fly, i do, im not stupid.

I wont post about my flying here again, i dont need the stress, im not a well person and when im flying is the only time my mind is not on negative things.
What I'm saying is not a personal attack at all. We are at a critical phase in the aviation world where RC models and drones are commonplace enough that what used to be allowed isn't always the best practice now. As a UAS instructor I have to teach my students how to fly within the current airspace system and safely interact with other aircraft and I'm just wanting to extend that opportunity to you. Like I said, I'm not condemning your actions as an RC pilot or a hobbyist. If you're being diligent and watching like you say you are you shouldn't have any issues, but please be safe about it. All it would take at this point in time is one collision incident before things get really bad. Perhaps it's my inner flight instructor coming out, but I want to see you be safe and successful in this hobby. The most important thing to remember is that you share the skies. It's all give and take, and right now controlling agencies have all the power to take. Just make sure that you're continuing to practice your due diligence and are following the regs as they apply to your flight, and if you're not going to comply with regs, don't put it up for the agency to find. It's already happened here in the states and I don't want it to happen to you. Please exercise extreme caution when you're operating at or above 400' agl. In class G airspace there is no minimum safe altitude for GA pilots and you have to give way to them. Even if you're following all the regs you still have to give way to manned traffic. Please just remember to enjoy the hobby safely. I'm glad you're able to find some solace in flight, it really is great therapy, but that doesn't excuse you from safe operation or responsibility.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
This sort of topic comes up now and again.

Keep in mind that these forums are for the Flite Test community, which is just a segment of the RC community as a whole.

We've been able to keep our hobby as safe as we have by policing ourselves within the community.

In the last few years we've seen an increase of regulations by our governments. Individually we may not agree with all of these regulations, but as a community we bear a responsibility to each other to fly responsibly and within the boundaries that have been set for us.

While I encourage people to help teach other community members about the hobby, including the rules we're supposed to operate within, I'll ask that we keep the comments civil, and Flite Test friendly.

Steve Fox

I have paid a lot of attention to where I fly and I haven't and don't just chuck a plane into the sky and hope for the best.

I know where I fly incredibly well and fly at least an hour almost every single day and have hundreds of hours, probably in excess of 1000 by now at my flying location, I know every landmark, sound and all the private aircraft which are the only manned aircraft for miles and miles in this airspace.

I know when they are flying, I know where they are flying and am fully aware of my surroundings.

I would not put anyone in danger.

And anyone who thinks I blurted out a load of rubbish about my life just to distract, my kids taken from me and my life with it, I have been a wreck ever since and under the mental heath teams care:

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I have paid a lot of attention to where I fly and I haven't and don't just chuck a plane into the sky and hope for the best.

I know where I fly incredibly well and fly at least an hour almost every single day and have hundreds of hours, probably in excess of 1000 by now at my flying location, I know every landmark, sound and all the private aircraft which are the only manned aircraft for miles and miles in this airspace.

I know when they are flying, I know where they are flying and am fully aware of my surroundings.

I would not put anyone in danger.

And anyone who thinks I blurted out a load of rubbish about my life just to distract, my kids taken from me and my life with it, I have been a wreck ever since and under the mental heath teams care:

I have lost 2 families in my life. Yes I am getting old! my eldest child is now 40 and my youngest is 10. I also owned outright my own home and had a tool shed so full of all sorts of tools and machinery that it took two moving trucks to empty it. Now I have little more than a few hand tools and a few bottles of glue! With all of that I do not use my obvious mental health issues to justify any breaches of the laws of my country regardless of what they are or how ridiculous they may appear to me.

As for not endangering anyone i will say that you are providing on line evidence for those who would have all RC flying aircraft including drones removed from the hobbyist and made the sole regime of the professionals and businesses. Obvious they would claim that your flouting of the laws of the land are typical of ALL RC users!

Previous posters have tried in vain to point out the REAL dangers of your antics and yet you do not seem to get it. Whether we like it or not LAWS are LAWS even if we do not like them.

I understand your enthusiasm but do not understand your lack of any concern for the damage and harm you could cause. Just recently I read your post where you claimed to have hit powerlines and had the plane fuselage land in a carpark destroying your miniature camera. Where there are cars there are people and that your plane did not land on someone was a matter of sheer luck. No ones luck lasts forever!

The posts by those who were concerned enough about the content you were posting to comment were not against you personally but where commenting in relation to the posted material showing the illegal operation of your RC aircraft! You are welcome to post on the forum but leave the illegal flight information off of the posts and all will be fine! The last thing we want is for some young forum user try to emulate your achievements and end up killing someone! I am sure if such a scenario did eventuate then FT would be pointed to as the source of the information needed and the "it is OK to break the law if you do not agree with it" attitude.

Have fun!

Chuppster

I have lost 2 families in my life. Yes I am getting old! my eldest child is now 40 and my youngest is 10. I also owned outright my own home and had a tool shed so full of all sorts of tools and machinery that it took two moving trucks to empty it. Now I have little more than a few hand tools and a few bottles of glue! With all of that I do not use my obvious mental health issues to justify any breaches of the laws of my country regardless of what they are or how ridiculous they may appear to me.

As for not endangering anyone i will say that you are providing on line evidence for those who would have all RC flying aircraft including drones removed from the hobbyist and made the sole regime of the professionals and businesses. Obvious they would claim that your flouting of the laws of the land are typical of ALL RC users!

Previous posters have tried in vain to point out the REAL dangers of your antics and yet you do not seem to get it. Whether we like it or not LAWS are LAWS even if we do not like them.

I understand your enthusiasm but do not understand your lack of any concern for the damage and harm you could cause. Just recently I read your post where you claimed to have hit powerlines and had the plane fuselage land in a carpark destroying your miniature camera. Where there are cars there are people and that your plane did not land on someone was a matter of sheer luck. No ones luck lasts forever!

The posts by those who were concerned enough about the content you were posting to comment were not against you personally but where commenting in relation to the posted material showing the illegal operation of your RC aircraft! You are welcome to post on the forum but leave the illegal flight information off of the posts and all will be fine! The last thing we want is for some young forum user try to emulate your achievements and end up killing someone! I am sure if such a scenario did eventuate then FT would be pointed to as the source of the information needed and the "it is OK to break the law if you do not agree with it" attitude.

Have fun!

Well said brother.

For anyone who is reading this thread for the first time, OP (or a mod) is deleting OP's posts. That's why people are replying to invisible posts.

Steve Fox

Just recently I read your post where you claimed to have hit powerlines and had the plane fuselage land in a carpark destroying your miniature camera. Where there are cars there are people and that your plane did not land on someone was a matter of sheer luck.

No, it's not shear luck when the place is closed and completely empty, my plane landed in a vast concrete area whilst being flown well under 400ft, within a 500m radius and over land I have permission to fly, you will try and talk down on people over anything and stop saying have fun at the end of all your lectures, it's patronising.

Nobody can ever do anything right in your book, just running more than 25mw video and more than 100mw control gets a lecture from you yet almost nobody runs those powers.

I'm sure that you never ever do anything that could be even remotely considered not by the book in life, you must be jesus reincarnated or something.

In one of YOUR previous posts you were critical of rc groups, that figures, a place where people are actually nice to each other, don't talk down to others and dont tolerate it wouldn't suit you would it.

It's a totally different atmosphere over there and people a a community, not a pretend one with a select few trying to force their opinions on others.

I'm all for this entire thread being deleted, id have done it myself if I could, it's just turned into a bashing match by people who think they are whiter than white.

You say you have lost two families, it's just like you to have to go one better and try and diminish what I said.

Your arrogant and think everyone should look up to you.... not me!

Last edited:

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Firstly I will say whatever I please at the end of my posts, JUNIOR. My use of the have fun is my choice and is a reminder to myself and others that what we do is for the enjoyment of the hobby/sport. That it upsets you is irrelevant as it is not there for just you! Besides you have no power or control over me in anyway.

Your real attitude has come through in your last post, in that you appear to be not only anti-societal but also antisocial. That you need to resort to insults and personal attacks shows the real nature of your character. Mind you of late your attitude has been less than congenial or pleasant.

If reminding you of laws, rules and regulations upsets you too bad as the hobby/sport is bigger and more important than you are.

RC Groups is OK but it has its own issues which obviously includes persons whose attitude mirrors that you which you are displaying.

"Whiter than white" seems to be some racial based comment/slur which is again a reflection upon you and your attitude not me.

As for the families that I have lost, well, sad news I went 2 better! Only two of the families resulted in offspring of mine! Yes I had a role in their loss just as you obviously had a role in the loss of yours! BUT I had 7 lovely children!

As for my arrogance, yes possibly but before throwing that one around you should take a long hard look at yourself!

Your venomous post is a discredit to you as you should be able to take criticism or correct as a real man would. If you need to vent against someone and blame them for the results of your own actions, then I suppose I will do. With all of the troubles in my life your words and anger almost make me laugh! Seen it all before! It means nothing in the scheme of things and changes nothing! As you will learn later in life - just a waste of time and energy!

I still invite you to post on LEGAL RC related matters on this forum. I thank you for the laughs!

HAVE FUN!

Steve Fox

"Whiter than white" seems to be some racial based comment/slur which is again a reflection upon you and your attitude not me.

Grow up!
You know full well I wasn't being racist, that phrase has absolutely nothing to do with race.
I couldn't care less what colour someone's skin is and my wife was part Pakistani, not that I even need to explain myself to you.

Throwing the racist card about is the very bottom of the barrel, I'm not surprised coming from you though.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Grow up!
You know full well I wasn't being racist, that phrase has absolutely nothing to do with race.
I couldn't care less what colour someone's skin is and my wife was part Pakistani, not that I even need to explain myself to you.

Throwing the racist card about is the very bottom of the barrel, I'm not surprised coming from you though.
My most recent wife is Filipino and three of my children are half Filipino, I have relatives that are Aboriginal, here the term you used is considered as racist as it infers whiteness is somehow better than any other colour and that being "Whiter than White" is somehow a reference to being more pure than pure! In other words the use of white is a reference to being pure or of purity!

As for growing up, only children resort to temper tantrums! The statement of what comes from me is again some sort of personal slight which I will accept as a sign of your frustration at being powerless in your current situation. As before you can turn your venom in my direction as I will answer your posts where I am quoted or mentioned but I will remain calm regardless of the content of your post.

As a little bit of information, I did not and do not have the power to delete, edit or otherwise modify any of your posts or their content so whilst I am your current target your anger is wasted. I just answered your posts with what is legal and what is not as did a number of others who are equally powerless! That I actually posted against your content was a direct result of that content and not the originator!

You are invited to continue your personal attacks if it makes you happy but at the end of it all it will achieve nothing of worth for you!

Have fun!

Steve Fox

I couldn't care less if you think in your country it's racist, here it has nothing to do with race and I won't be called a racist.

Calling me a racist IS a personal attack!

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I couldn't care less if you think in your country it's racist, here it has nothing to do with race and I won't be called a racist.

Calling me a racist IS a personal attack!
The comment you used, "Whiter than white" is the comment that I am pointing out to you is considered as racist. What your personal views about the comment, in a similar way as your views about the laws you were flouting, is irrelevant. The simple fact that the comment has a reference to white being pure or a sign of purity, shows that it is ill-advised and for the common good it should not be used in referring to other persons or groups of people but then that is mostly a matter of manners.

Where someone takes offence to a statement and believes it is a racist slur or has a racial meaning, (overt or covert), it should not be used. Mind you that is only if you have any care for the feelings or racial discrimination sensitivities of others!

This is fun! Its your turn! Mind you the more this continues in public the greater the chance that the powers at be will delete the entire thread! So I invite you to continue your discussion via PM.

Have fun!

IanSR

Just so you know @Hai-Lee, the term whiter than white is slang here (in the UK) for believing ones self to be perfect, it has nothing to do with race and never has.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Guys, I tried to give everyone a chance to have a polite civil conversation.

Unfortunately it appears that is not going to be the case.

Steve, we will not promote illegal flying on the forum. You've been asked to be careful with the videos you choose to share. People have (mostly) politely given you advice to follow your local flying laws. I recommend you take their advice, not just here, but anywhere you choose to share your flights.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.