NOVA OSD + er9X + Braindead Me trying to program it!

bmsweb

Site Moderator
I had a real brain-dead moment today! As some of you may know I gutted my Bixler so I could do a video on the NOVA OSD. While it was all apart I also decided to upgrade my 9x to an er9x. To cut a long story short, I put it all together again only to find out I couldn't get the 3 position switch to work the NOVA OSD in its 3 modes: Normal, PA and RTH. I found I could get it to go into normal mode and PA mode, but no matter what type of mixing I did, I couldn't for the life of me get it to go into RTH mode.

After 2 hours of stuffing around with the programing the 9x, the OSD and researching the web on programming the 3 position switch on the er9x I walked away because a friend came over for a visit. After they left it hit me!!! There was no way the RTH was ever going to work until it had a GPS Fix on my position!!

This whole time RTH wasn't working because I forgot to wait for the GPS. :eek:

UndCon

UndCon
LOL - 1st time with my EagleTree gear I was really wondering why nothing happened when hooked up the OSD.

reason = no GPS signal indoors :D

bmsweb

Site Moderator
Good to see I'm not the only one :D The funniest thing was while searching the web for ways in which I could program the er9x to work with the NOVA OSD, I received a youtube email from someone thanking me for making videos and sharing my expertise with the RC Community. My thoughts were "if you could only see me now".

Oh well my plane is ready for flight again and thanks to you guys I fell a little less silly :D First day of winter here, fingers crossed the weather is good!

BTW: What do you think of the EagleTree, I like the idea of data logging when flying longer range.