NTM 2830 1200kv for Bloody Baron and Guinea Pig? Are those right? And which props?

silbo99

Hey everyone,
I have asked questions like this before, but I am still not quite certain about what I should get. I want a hobbyking motor for my Bloody Baron that I will be able to use on the Guinea Pig (together with a second one) later on. The NTM 28-26A 1200kv seems to be just a little underpowered for that, so I want to buy this one:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...e_Series_28_30_1200kv_400w_EU_Warehouse_.html

I am only going to be flying off 3cell batteries, as I don't have a 4cell battery and/or charger. This 2830 1200kv seems to be quite a beast motor, and as the recommended motor (the NTM 28-26A 1200kv) for the bloody baron is a little smaller, it should make my baron fly like a beast as well. I don't mind having a very fast bloody baron, as this will be my 6th plane and I should be able to handle it.

So, is this a good motor? Will it be good for the guinea pig later on? I want to buy it together with a Turnigy Plush 30amp ESC.

Also, with which props should I fly? I have some 8x4 and 9x4,7 Slow Fly props lying around, and I am certainly going to use the 9x4,7 ones, but I wanted to buy some APC 9x6 props as well, for some extra speed. Are those good for this motor as well?

Help is really much appreciated!!! Thanks in advance! I love the FT community ;)

P.S. should I get red or yellow LEDs on my orange Bloody Baron? Which do you think would look the COOLEST?

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
I think I answered this once already, may have been someone else though. The 2830 1200kv NTM runs very well with a 9x6 prop on 4s. It will pull a baron along fine with the 9x6 prop on 3s as well, though a 9x4.7 gives better climbing power on 3s. I didn't notice considerable speed differences between the two on 3s.

You'll be fine with either size prop, though you might test out something bigger.

The 2830 1200kv may handle a bigger prop on 3s. Seen some post that they use a 10" though I haven't tested it myself.

GregC540i

I think I answered this once already, may have been someone else though. The 2830 1200kv NTM runs very well with a 9x6 prop on 4s. It will pull a baron along fine with the 9x6 prop on 3s as well, though a 9x4.7 gives better climbing power on 3s. I didn't notice considerable speed differences between the two on 3s.

You'll be fine with either size prop, though you might test out something bigger.

The 2830 1200kv may handle a bigger prop on 3s. Seen some post that they use a 10" though I haven't tested it myself.

I'm running a 2836-1400v NTM motor you are sorta talking about. I'm running a 7x6 prop. It flies fast, but I feel it could fly faster. To gain more flight time, I'm flying it at 50-75% throttle and getting a good 4 minutes of flight time. I haven't experimented with an 8x6 prop. I don't have any 9x6 props to try either. I feel I'm going to want it to be faster in the future, but it's good for me right now. My baron is 500g without battery right now. Mine is heavy because I extreme taped the whole thing tough.

I hope this helps.

Greg