Long live the Nutball!!

17" span (length also!)
10g Motor
Plush 6A ESC
2/ HXT 500
2S 500mAh 20C

Last edited:

John Campbell

I am not much of a Builder, but I might have to build this one... Will have to see what next week brings. Great job on the video... More Bloopers... More Bloopers... They are a great addition.

franck

This is an awesome plane!

I actually built that one after seeing the Halloween episode and it still flies great :)

Cheers,

Franck

Winger

My Nutball

Well they asked to see ours, so this one is flown by Hagar the Horrible. It's 17" out of 3mm Depron with a 10 gram motor and 6A ESC running on 2S 240mAh power. Hagars Ride.jpg

It's a hoot to fly. If I get frustrated with some other planes or just having a bad day, a few minutes with the Nutball makes it all good again.

fred0000

I have a beat up parkzone champ, after seeing this i'm really leaning towards using the electronics to make a 1s nutball.

very cool show guys, Nice flying JS!

fred0000

finished it, and maidened it, its 3mm depron, I had a sheet laying around, it flys WAY better then my champ did. pics uploading. thanks flitetest for the inspiration!

Winger

Nice, Winger! I like the shaded edges. Are you using 5 gram servos and a micro Rx?

Thanks, colorex. Yup, 5g servos and a HK Spektrum clone RX. The fuse is a triangle with the wing being the top side of it - nice and strong. The shading is just light rattlecan passes.

IMG00496.jpg

On an early flight in a dome it got run over by a larger 3D plane whose prop sliced through the rudder, and took a little chunk out of the elevator, but it kept on going. Scrappy little critter.

Chewed up.jpg

flylow

Yes! I love the nutball, made one yesterday with Beast electronics(not asx technology) i never knew that 3ch planes could fly inverted or do rolls but mine can lol. Its more fun than the beast was, and the best part is there is no problems with crashing it because 1) it doesn't break, and 2) its easily fixed VIVA LA NUTBALL

UawFlyer

Hey there! I am new to the Hobby is there any chance you could upload plans for the sizes and stuff you used to build this? I have a champ that is on its last legs and would love to build it.

meistertjk55

A quick question. Can anyone tell me where do I get a thin push rod like that and also a matching linkage stopper for it please? I've been searching for awhile but I can't figure out which push rod do you guys use. Will be a big help if you could tell me. Thanks in advance.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
A quick question. Can anyone tell me where do I get a thin push rod like that and also a matching linkage stopper for it please? I've been searching for awhile but I can't figure out which push rod do you guys use. Will be a big help if you could tell me. Thanks in advance.

Best, cheapest option is to get some thin piano wire - steel wire of 1mm or less thickness. For the linkages, make a z-bend as in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbUlZzwUbIY