Nuub

6ball

So I am new to the hobby. I have been doing a lot of research into flying RC planes. I recently purchased a commuter build kit, an A pack and an FrSky QX7. The FT Store shows the QX7 with R9M 2019 receiver. I guess that was a mistake, because I just got the transmitter wo the R9M. So I need a receiver to make this plane fly. I found a R6 that looks like it would get me flying for not much more money. I can't seem to find any installation information to see if I need any other wires or plugs. The unit shows 6 channels and another plug with the sbus and s port and other stuff that I don't really need right now. Where does the battery plug in? Seems like a silly question, but it is not obvious from the pictures and all of the literature from FrSky doesn't seem to mention or show how to hook up the harness that came with the power pack A. I will purchase the R9 module and receiver later when I build a bigger plane down the road. Right now I just want to practice flying. Any help would be appreciated.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
So I am new to the hobby. I have been doing a lot of research into flying RC planes. I recently purchased a commuter build kit, an A pack and an FrSky QX7. The FT Store shows the QX7 with R9M 2019 receiver. I guess that was a mistake, because I just got the transmitter wo the R9M. So I need a receiver to make this plane fly. I found a R6 that looks like it would get me flying for not much more money. I can't seem to find any installation information to see if I need any other wires or plugs. The unit shows 6 channels and another plug with the sbus and s port and other stuff that I don't really need right now. Where does the battery plug in? Seems like a silly question, but it is not obvious from the pictures and all of the literature from FrSky doesn't seem to mention or show how to hook up the harness that came with the power pack A. I will purchase the R9 module and receiver later when I build a bigger plane down the road. Right now I just want to practice flying. Any help would be appreciated.
could you post a picture of the receiver and transmitter.. so i can help... or a link from where you got the receiver
@6ball

6ball

Attachments

• File_000.png
    File_000.png
    357.5 KB · Views: 0
  • File_001.png
    File_001.png
    436.5 KB · Views: 0
  • File_002.png
    File_002.png
    545.9 KB · Views: 0

6ball

could you post a picture of the receiver and transmitter.. so i can help... or a link from where you got the receiver
@6ball
I never did get a receiver. That's the problem. I am trying to find something in 2.4GHz that will work with my QX7. I know that everything that says ACCESS is supposed to be compatible, but how does it work with the ESC harness from Flite Test? None of the ones that I can find show how they connect.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
You don't plug the battery directly into the receiver normally. In planes the ESC which controls the motor plugs into the battery and has a thing called a BEC in it which provides a regulated 5v on the little three lead cable that you connect to the throttle channel of the receiver to power it.

Flite Risk

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
the servo like lead coming out from the esc, plugs into the receiver throttle port, this will supply 5 volts to the receiver....
you then plug your lithium polymer battery into the battery connector on the esc