Obligatory new guy post....

ChudeyOcho

Hello, all you FliteTest people! I'm Chad & I've been following FT vids & threads for a while now. Had to officially sign up & make a statement today as all this lurking has led me to put glue to foam so I felt it necessary to post.

Thank you all for the ideas, work & effort you put in to stuff that makes taking idea to foam so easy that a first time builder like me was able to make a glider of my own design as my first build. It actually glided on the 2nd try after getting some nose weight so life will be sweet when I get my hands on some electronics.

It has some Mini Sparrow mixed with some Simple Soarer and a v tail thrown in because I've wanted to build a v-tail plane since I was a kid (that was some 40 years ago). And my own challenge to myself was to keep the plane built from only 1 foam board. The tail spar is one of my son's outgrown aluminum arrows. All surfaces are set to hand glide it but I think I've left enough tail to set it up for remote & can get the controls down the shaft.

I must admit. It was a blast trying different ideas & making it all fit together. Plenty of things I will do different on a version 2.0 but I want to get this one filled with rc gear before proceeding forward.

If you're still reading, thanks for sticking it out! I appreciate everyone tied to this site & boards for putting out their stuff & hope to contribute stuff of my own eventually.

Happy building!

Chad - CHUD - whatever

Attachments

• First Bird.jpg
    First Bird.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Foam sketch.jpg
    Foam sketch.jpg
    894.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Parts cut.jpg
    Parts cut.jpg
    1,012.6 KB · Views: 0

Jimun

Elite member
Welcome aboard. Great to have you join us. Your plane looks pretty cool. Good job on your 1st plane and design.

Bricks

Master member
Welcome to the addiction, and there is no known cure, as you can see in my avatar and this is not even 1/8 of my part of the addiction...…….totally hopeless and never have enough especially room to keep and store the addiction.