Observation about Josh B

felixx

Josh and Josh my wife hates you.
Now the house is full of foam scraps, model planes, my four year old wants a 'trol plane too!
My 18 month sees a plane and says "daddy daddy"

I just wish you had a local agent to make it financially worthwhile to buy your kits

Thanks guys, loving this new hobby and its all your fault!

bacpck

1. Josh B is literally the most positive, encouraging, and uplifting person I know.

2. Josh B is a horrible actor, and couldn't pretend to be positive if he tried.

Josh lol, thanks for the response. There is no doubt in my mind that Josh B is a genuine person and absolutely loves what he is doing. We apreciate all of you and the energy and fun that you all bring to FliteTest and the shows. I got to speak to Alex breifly on the phone the other day (had a question about an order). He was very nice and helpful, I mentioned that it was weird because I had just spend a few hours listening to him and the other guys talk on a podcast. He was quick to point out that he was just a normal guy. I really don't believe that any of you are normal ;). I say that with sincerity and praise because all of you are truly a step above in the way you carry and present yourselves.

Keep up the great work and Josh B, you just keep on smiling brother.

BTW I have a tendency to use brother when referring to others, maybe not as much as Josh B but I find I do it more when I am watching a lot of flitetest videos.. lol

Last edited:

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
He was quick to point out that he was just a normal guy. I really don't believe that any of you are normal ;).

Well. Most of us are "normal guys", but I'm fairly sure that none of us is "normal". =)

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I understand why people feel they aren't normal people . . . but why shouldn't the way they treat others be what we call normal?!?

We've gotten so used to mean-spirited, snarky, fend-for-yourself attitudes that most people think it's the only way to live! It doesn't have to be that way, and they're great examples of what it looks like when you refuse to mirror the attitude and instead set the tone yourself.

I'm sure they get frustrated and annoyed and have both good and bad days, but the attitudes of treating others better than yourself and looking out for one another make a HEAUGE difference. I've seen it on the flying field, I've seen it here . . . and it *can* work in real life.

There are ways and means they use to keep centering on this service attitude -- and they're proof they can work -- but however you find it, however you can, if you can live this to others, you'll find it's catchy . . . and for once it's something we *want* to catch on :)

Shug

Josh Bixler is why I come to this site again and again. He is passionate about what he does. He loves the hobby.
Personally I find it refreshing to see and enjoy his verve.
Shug

felixx

shug.. thats about right for me, first time i saw a FT video, I was unsure what was going on, they were having fun, and doing cool stuff..
Well now I log in daily, these guys have taught me heaps

norseman1501

Josh B and the entire crew at Flight Test are the main reason for my return to the hobby after so many years.
It is refreshing to see an individual or, even better, a group of individuals that posses a wealth of knowledge who in turn desire to share this knowledge so that others might feel the true joy of the hobby.
How many times have you gone into your local hobbyshop to find a clock punching clerk who might be gracious enough to share with you his or her wisdom or the ultimate insult of talking over your head and only adding to your frustration?
It is seems almost to true to see the enthusiasm and sheer joy that the FT crew carry as this is not what we have been accustomed to.
My hats is off to Josh B and the entire crew of FT. You have put the fun back into the hobby for myself and many others while helping the entire community share a wealth of knowledge and insight.

Well done!

bacpck

I understand why people feel they aren't normal people . . . but why shouldn't the way they treat others be what we call normal?!?

We've gotten so used to mean-spirited, snarky, fend-for-yourself attitudes that most people think it's the only way to live! It doesn't have to be that way, and they're great examples of what it looks like when you refuse to mirror the attitude and instead set the tone yourself.

I'm sure they get frustrated and annoyed and have both good and bad days, but the attitudes of treating others better than yourself and looking out for one another make a HEAUGE difference. I've seen it on the flying field, I've seen it here . . . and it *can* work in real life.

There are ways and means they use to keep centering on this service attitude -- and they're proof they can work -- but however you find it, however you can, if you can live this to others, you'll find it's catchy . . . and for once it's something we *want* to catch on :)

Dan

So very well said. I have always tried to be very positive and kind in my dealings with others. It is a difficult thing sometimes but I can only be true to myself and hope others will take note. Being positive and kind in your daily life will help make our world a better place. You are right, we have gotten so used to mean and/or snarky that the kind positive approach now seems unusual and that is a bit sad. :( Everyone just keep paying it forward and have a great day.

I dunno. Josh B. strikes me as one of those very positive people that do exist. I've had the good fortune to meet a few of them.