Oculus quest 2 flitetest sim

chrsfincher

I went looking for some way of flying something in vr and the options don't look great. There are a couple drone sims fpv style but I want like standing at the field flying. Any chance flitetest wants to try and tackle a quest 2 vr sim. If you want to get really ambitious you could even add a build mode so you could build a plane on vr following along with one of the crew right there showing you how to put it all together.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
I have done a bit of game dev as a hobby and the skill set for making a game like that is way different then the skill set to do what the FT crew does. I would also expect getting something like that working well to be a non-trivial amount of work, which would need to be able to make back the developer time to make it.

That said, you might want to look at some of the RC flight simulators out there for fixed wing and see if any of them have the ability to go VR [but would probaly need a computer based VR setup instead of the quest VR system].

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I have done a bit of game dev as a hobby and the skill set for making a game like that is way different then the skill set to do what the FT crew does. I would also expect getting something like that working well to be a non-trivial amount of work, which would need to be able to make back the developer time to make it.

That said, you might want to look at some of the RC flight simulators out there for fixed wing and see if any of them have the ability to go VR [but would probaly need a computer based VR setup instead of the quest VR system].

Some sims also do left /right offset 3d thing like the 3d movies that work with regular goggles.

JasonK

Some sims also do left /right offset 3d thing like the 3d movies that work with regular goggles.

interesting, haven't looked into it to much myself, looking at my computer screen is nicer on the eyes then the googles.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
interesting, haven't looked into it to much myself, looking at my computer screen is nicer on the eyes then the googles.

Well the whole topic is 3d / VR... everyone can watch things on a computer monitor. They can not however get the emersion of 3d / vr by doing so. I cant watch a 3d movie on my TV but I can plug my goggles into the HDMI port of my blu ray player and do it.

JasonK

Well the whole topic is 3d / VR... everyone can watch things on a computer monitor. They can not however get the emersion of 3d / vr by doing so. I cant watch a 3d movie on my TV but I can plug my goggles into the HDMI port of my blu ray player and do it.

true