Odd crash, please help.

Kryoclasm

I was flying my quad today at a local park. I just finished 3 batteries and was starting on the fourth. Took off and entered the first turn, then lost control. The quad started doing a left roll as if i lost both left hand motors. I cut power and disabled the quad as soon as I could. then it piled into the soft dirt.

No real damage was found. I plugged it into betaflight and tested the sensors and the motors, everything seems ok.

Anyone have any ideas as to what might have gone wrong? :confused:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
What FC and OSD are you using? The more info you can give us about your setup, the easier it will be for us to help.

Cheers!
LitterBug

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I know that death roll!!!

I had that several times on my Runner 250 early in my flying days. I had broken the receiver antenna wire under the plastic cover and did not see it. When ever the good antenna went out of los the quad would gently roll over and fall from the sky JUST like that. That is when I learned to heat shrink a zip tie and cover the extremely brittle extremely important part of the wire to keep it straight and keep it protected.

Kryoclasm

What FC and OSD are you using? The more info you can give us about your setup, the easier it will be for us to help.

Cheers!
LitterBug

Sure, sorry bout that.

FC. naze32 rev 6 running latest stable beta flight firmware as of 13 feb.
OSD. minim osd (small square one)
Generic pdb with filtering, outputs 5v and 12v regulated.
amoway 200mw transmitter
fatshark 700tvl cmos camera. (dont like it, just ordered the runcam swift. )
nighthawk II 250 carbon frame.
RX. Frsky x4rsb.
Frsky batt voltage telemetry sensor.
TX. Frsky Taranis.
Battery. The hobbyking brand 4s lipo. Lowest cell was still over 4 volts.

My antennas are protected in tubes, but i do remember nicking the outer coac of one of the antenni a little bit on the frame before i rerouted them.
(i need to pull the rx and reinspect it to make sure it isnt compromised. )

I will double check my solder joints, but after working with electronics and soldering for over 2 decades i would eat crow if i found a bad joint. I take my soldering skills very seriously. :)

Shawn

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Yep, agreed that it looks like it hit failsafe. I suspect all the motors were stopped. If only the left motors were stopped, you'd have seen a bunch a quick rolls...