Of Course it's an SE5

mayan

Legendary member
I wasn’t going to say don’t try... ‘cause I’ve done it myself (I had one low cell on a new battery) but with the chemical make up pulling a cell to too a low a voltage is definitely were the trouble can begin.

Just be cautious Brother!
I have a few batteries that one cell drops faster then the others and I put them aside. Just be careful don’t want you to get hurt brother.

bracesport

Legendary member
success - I used the NiMH setting on 0.1amps and charged the lipo for a few minutes before switching back to the lipo settings - this seems to have worked well - my charger was originally showing a low voltage error and would not charge on the lipo settings - my charger was pretty good in the day, but does not have balancing ports - next time I see the brother in law I'll put it on his charger with balancing!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
About that battery zero-ing thing, does that only apply to some ESCs? I've gone below 3.3v/cell due to temperature, but I don't think I ever have permanently. Even then I think it would still be recoverable if you just charge without balancing for a little bit and switch over, right?
The danger is that by over draining a cell, the internal chemistry can change, and when we recharge it there is a very real risk of fire. If that particular battery had been old, or in any way showing signs of not being 100% OK, I wouldn't have risked it. It just wouldn't have been worth it.