Okay. Who else wants a Thunderquack?

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I could also imagine having fun with some of the plane designs from Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines, a short-lived cartoon from the 1969-70 season.

And maybe a pigeon for them to chase.

Dastardly and Muttley

I remember them with The Perils of Penelope Pitstop, and Wacky Races...and Muttley’s laugh dubbed in for Hong Kong Phooey’s cat. 😂😂😂

Hoomi

Master member
Since this isn't a very serious topic, and the Thunderquack not only reminds some of us of the Darkwing Duck cartoon, but also other classic cartoon aircraft, I don't think any of us will have a problem with this discussion wandering around a bit. I, for one, am enjoying the different comments and ideas it's bringing up.

Brianna81

Since this isn't a very serious topic, and the Thunderquack not only reminds some of us of the Darkwing Duck cartoon, but also other classic cartoon aircraft, I don't think any of us will have a problem with this discussion wandering around a bit. I, for one, am enjoying the different comments and ideas it's bringing up.

I think that seeing the Sea Duck come to life was pretty awesome, though it looked just like a real aircraft. The Thunderquack however, was so far out there I don't know that many of us even considered it as a possibility. So to see that fly, I think brought even more childhood memories of crazy cartoon airplanes back to life for us :) So I agree, I think it's awesome seeing all these ideas :D

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I think that seeing the Sea Duck come to life was pretty awesome, though it looked just like a real aircraft. The Thunderquack however, was so far out there I don't know that many of us even considered it as a possibility. So to see that fly, I think brought even more childhood memories of crazy cartoon airplanes back to life for us :) So I agree, I think it's awesome seeing all these ideas :D

That is half of why I started following FliteTest. I wanted to see what sorts of crazy creations you could make, and see if we could get MORE of our cartoon planes to fly. I would LOVE to see maybe some of the designs from the old Ring Raiders cartoon, or maybe even some LEGO planes. :) I know there was the one that flew at Flite Fest West a few years back, and I met the guy who built it; apparently he's done a LEGO space shuttle since then. :)