Legendary member
Didn't he fly this one too?

file_400cfacb.jpeg

Last edited:

Hoomi

Master member

View attachment 131030
Yeah, the Sunchaser was from the earlier series, "Ducktales," where his piloting skills were dubious at best.

Our local Target store has the Ducktales toys on clearance, which is where we found the Launchpad that now pilots the Simple Scout.

They have the toy Sunchaser as well, but if I get one, I'd prefer one that actually flies.

Brianna81

View attachment 131030
Is it just me or does that kinda look like a toy version of the Sea Duck, which apparently actually can fly in real life? :D

**edit** I just had an interesting thought after posting this. I wonder if they could do any of the planes from the air pirates from Tale Spin? They actually had some pretty cool looking planes as well, some of which looked a bit like that Fortnite plane that was built IIRC.

Including some pictures of the air pirates planes. I wonder if the flying aircraft carrier could be built? Maybe a bunch of the little cheapo silver drone motors (they use 3 of those same motors for the F949 too) for the motors that make it go up/down, then regular motors for the back? That could be interesting :D

Attachments

• 613.jpg
    613.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 0
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Piratefighter03.jpg
    Piratefighter03.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Weapons04.jpg
    Weapons04.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

skymaster

Elite member
Is this weird or what? a couple of days ago i was looking for picture's of don carnage's plane and later found that some one had already build one. not only that but while looking at the pics on the net some pictures of dark wing duck came up, and thought might be cool to build something like this, and what do you now the next episode showing the guys doing it ain't that weird?

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Is this weird or what? a couple of days ago i was looking for picture's of don carnage's plane and later found that some one had already build one. not only that but while looking at the pics on the net some pictures of dark wing duck came up, and thought might be cool to build something like this, and what do you now the next episode showing the guys doing it ain't that weird?

Fortuitous!

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Oh, I had thought of the Thunderquack well before they built one, but I wasn't skilled enough at the time to put it together. But I want plans of this one!!!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I can't remember what movie/episode it was in, but my favorite Launchpad McQuack quote is: "If it has wings, I can crash it!" XD
he must have been an RC pilot too!

Honestly I want the ThunderQuack plans too and the Flying Tank plans. Did I miss it?

Hoomi

Master member
he must have been an RC pilot too!

Honestly I want the ThunderQuack plans too and the Flying Tank plans. Did I miss it?
I watched the clip online where Scrooge McDuck fires him by saying, "You've crashed your last plane for me!"

Launchpad replies, "I've got a lot more crashes in me. Crashes hardly phase me! I can outcrash anyone!"

Wait a second - does he work for Flite Test?!?

Dashthemad

Wait a second - does he work for Flite Test?!?

I bet hed be on the bixler side of the family lol. His crashes are epic. I cant remember which plane but the plane they crashed in the desert? You could see the sadness in his face. Heck of a poker face Josh B.! Poor guy...

Brianna81

So, while I was researching the air pirates from Talespin, I happened upon some sort of Mickey Mouse air pirates that were flying what looked to be similar to large WW1 bombers that actually looked pretty coo. I didn't save those, and can't find them now, but I know I thought at the time "That might be fun to fly too!". Just a random cartoon plane related comment, sorry about that lol

slembcke

I absolutely loved Darkwing Duck as a kid. I still have the game for original gameboy too. Hehe.

Quite seriously I had been considering painting a Goblin, or some other plank plane to look like the Thunderquack for a while. I suspect it would fly better than a more authentic looking Thunderquack. ;)

Hoomi

Master member
So, while I was researching the air pirates from Talespin, I happened upon some sort of Mickey Mouse air pirates that were flying what looked to be similar to large WW1 bombers that actually looked pretty coo. I didn't save those, and can't find them now, but I know I thought at the time "That might be fun to fly too!". Just a random cartoon plane related comment, sorry about that lol

I could also imagine having fun with some of the plane designs from Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines, a short-lived cartoon from the 1969-70 season.

And maybe a pigeon for them to chase.

Dastardly and Muttley