• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Help! Old Thunder Tiger Gull 1800 conversion

Hi. I’m sure I am posting this in the wrong spot but I’m pretty new and had a question or two. Although I have built a simple cub, a long ez, and most recently a speedster. I have not yet flown them because of weather and I’m kinda waiting for nice weather and a friend to help out. Anyway. I have acquired a free plane kit I think from the 80’s. It’s a Thunder Tiger Gull 1800 sailplane. I was curious what size brushless motor would be good to replace the brushed motor pictured. Thanks everyone in advance. Oh. The prop is 8x4.5 breakaway. I’m sure my terminology is wrong.

Attachments

mrjdstewart

the weight of the plane is what is important. with that then you can figure out how many watts you would need, then you can pick a motor to match.

does it give an AUW? (all up weight)

laters,

me :cool:

The box says 1500 grams. I was thinking a park 370 motor with a three cell battery would be plenty of power because it would easily shave off 500 grams of weight. Any thoughts?

the weight of the plane is what is important. with that then you can figure out how many watts you would need, then you can pick a motor to match.

does it give an AUW? (all up weight)

laters,

me :cool:
Shaft Reversed!!!
I jumped in with the Park 370 1360kv. I will be building this week hopefully and I’ll share pics and stuff as I go.
Hi. I’m sure I am posting this in the wrong spot but I’m pretty new and had a question or two. Although I have built a simple cub, a long ez, and most recently a speedster. I have not yet flown them because of weather and I’m kinda waiting for nice weather and a friend to help out. Anyway. I have acquired a free plane kit I think from the 80’s. It’s a Thunder Tiger Gull 1800 sailplane. I was curious what size brushless motor would be good to replace the brushed motor pictured. Thanks everyone in advance. Oh. The prop is 8x4.5 breakaway. I’m sure my terminology is wrong.
Shaft reversed!

Attachments