Old Timer Joining Flite Test

FlyinHam

I flew alot in the 80s and 90s but have been mostly inactive for the last 20 years. This year I picked it up a little and managed to get all my old planes running and in the air. I still love glow power and with the exception my most recent project I still fly with ham radio gear that I built from ACE RC kits.

I'm looking forward to making some new friends and maybe learning a few new tricks here on Flite Test.
Jerry - W0PWE

Bricks

Master member
Welcome Back

If you are from the 80`s and 90`s you are not an old guy try the 60`s for me for my first endeavor into RC. I had a ton of catching up to do when I got back into the hobby it was a heck of a learning curve especially the electronics..

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I built a few in the 80's, but never flew much. Really got into it heavy about 2015 with all the advances in FPV which is a good use of a HAM license. Now I'm getting away from FPV and in to LOS. I like the no mess no Fuss of Electrics. Glow sounds way cooler, but it does take more effort.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Welcome
I started so far back in the hobby that the only electric involved was the starter you used to get your glow engine started. The plane's where control line and free flight back then. We couldn't afford RC gear in them days and it was that basic anyway it wasn't worth the trouble.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Besides, age is relative they say your only as old as the woman you feel. As my wife is 12 years younger than me I should feel like a 49 year old :).

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Welcome back to the hobby mate. Wow the 80's... So much hair... all lost never to grow back where it started. If I strain I can ALMOST remember them. I was in the Navy back then which myself and others always refer to them as "Back in tha drinkin days". All those lost brain cells met the 90s, heard the music and left for better accommodations.

boogieloo

I flew alot in the 80s and 90s but have been mostly inactive for the last 20 years. This year I picked it up a little and managed to get all my old planes running and in the air. I still love glow power and with the exception my most recent project I still fly with ham radio gear that I built from ACE RC kits.

I'm looking forward to making some new friends and maybe learning a few new tricks here on Flite Test.
Jerry - W0PWE
wow. I like it. That must have been when they only had gas engines. Like the kind they have in Irvine, California. 2 cycle or 4 cycle gas engine. I didn't go that much into that project. I just started in June on the ESC engines. But it works now. Just the battery. It feels great to make one that I know will fly. Just a waiting now. Maybe in the near future, i'd like to try the EDF engines. The airplane looks great. But that will be awhile.

Last edited: