Omnibus f4 and receiver

Mathys

Hello, I have a spektrum DX6 radio. I am doing a drone, my flight controller is 9g 30.5x30.5mm Omnibus F4 Flight Controller AIO OSD 5V BEC Current Sensor For RC. And I don’t understand how to connect my receiver on it. I may not have the great receiver. Please, someone can help me to found the great receiver and tell me how to connect it on my flight contrôler. Thank you.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Which receiver do you have? Spektrum receivers take either 3.3v or 5V, it will be stated in the specs. Connect the red wire to the appropriate pin. The signal (white or yellow wire) will be connected to one of the UARTs Rx pins, and the black wire to ground.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
It is an AR610 DSMX 6 ch sport receiver.

That won't work unfortunately. If you want to go with the Spektrum brand, look at their serial quad receivers. If you want to go cheaper, Lemon and Orange make serial satellite receivers that you can bind to.

Reactions: FDS

Mathys

So, if I buy the OrangeRx R615X it will work?
Also, do I connect the receiver on RX6(s) or on RC1(D)?

Mathys

Thant you very much. I very appreciate your help. I am in 3th secondary and I am making a drone for a science competition. I was unable to connect my receiver and you help me a lot.
Thank you

FDS

Elite member
It’s a good idea to bind satellite receivers before soldering them to the board. I used one of those orange RX ones on a build, there was a YouTube video on binding I followed which worked great.