on board cameras

bracesport

Legendary member
I posted this in my TT thread but meant to post here - V1 RP is 95% successful - I forgot the SD card sticks out 2mm so I filed a slot for that and have updated the CAD to V2 - surface ended up a bit ropey so I need to orient it better in the RP machine - functionally it seems OK!

Dropbox link for Cyclops v3 camera mount (.STL files) updated to V2 with a slot for SD card.

IMG_6063.JPG
IMG_6064.JPG
IMG_6065.JPG
Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 2.24.47 PM.png

bracesport

Legendary member
not actually flying, but I wanted to test the two positions - one behind the wing and one on the wing - without the camera raised up, behind the wing would have been hopeless - I quite like some wing in the shot.

what is your favourite camera location on your plane/s?

Wildthing

Legendary member
not actually flying, but I wanted to test the two positions - one behind the wing and one on the wing - without the camera raised up, behind the wing would have been hopeless - I quite like some wing in the shot.

what is your favourite camera location on your plane/s?

With the wing in the picture it's nice but you see nothing below. Another guy just recently for his fpv plane that he built he had an upper one but he also had one underneath just behind the landing gear, with the view from the bottom it was actually really cool especially when landing or taking off.

mayan

Legendary member
I personally would have put it on the bottom if it’s just for video and not fpv I think that looking that the world from above is just super cool :).

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Was just going to ask that very same question after seeing such a tight and closed housing.

You definitely do not want to be using that to fly with and have it go into thermal shut down. Planes dont stop drop n roll when you have to disarm like with quads.

bracesport

Legendary member
The cyclops v3 came with an even tighter enclosure so I didn’t consider that - I will add some airflow to the new ‘aero’ enclosure I want to print tomorrow thanks for the heads up!

It’s only getting about 5.5v so it is at the lower end of the voltage input (if that helps).

Last edited:

w1lp33

I'd really only worry about air flow for the vtx... The camera itself isn't going to heat up dramatically.

FDS

Elite member
It’s the VT signal transmission output that makes them get hot. I don’t enclose any of my VTX’s, they get too warm.