One Build at a time, or multiple at once?

Zetoyoc

Elite member
I am just curious what others building tendencies are. In the first two weeks that I have been in this hobby I have build a Simple cub and mini scout to completion and have a Mini Stuka and Mini Dr1 nearly complete with paper on foam board ready to be cut out for 2 others. oh and i nearly forgot the twin sparrow i have been useing to play catch with untill i decide to order the running gear for it. I need a bigger work bench :)

How do you like to build?

workbench 1.jpg
workbench  2.jpg

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I like having two projects going at once unless I want to finish something quickly, and sometimes the two projects for me means one project is building a plane and the other is working in a program. Like right now, I'm only building/designing a Mini Spitfire and I'm drawing up plans for @Vimana89 Arrowhead in Inkscape. I'm almost done with the Arrowhead so after I finish those I'm either going to work on the alula by @Hai-Lee or start work on the balsa build along.

Is that the Miniac Stuka? It looks really nice!!

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I do most of my building in the winter. I build from templates and cut out my own form board. I pin together 6-8 layers of foam board and cut out the stack on the band saw. I tend to build in batches, that is, I will build 3-4 copies of the same plane. So that, when I crash, I have a new one sitting on the bench ready to accept the electronics form the carnage.

I will start with the stock FT plans and mod them to fit my own preferences. When I'm happy with the results, I will make foam board templates and "put the plane into production".

Last edited:

Zetoyoc

Elite member
I like having two projects going at once unless I want to finish something quickly, and sometimes the two projects for me means one project is building a plane and the other is working in a program. Like right now, I'm only building/designing a Mini Spitfire and I'm drawing up plans for @Vimana89 Arrowhead in Inkscape. I'm almost done with the Arrowhead so after I finish those I'm either going to work on the alula by @Hai-Lee or start work on the balsa build along.

Is that the Miniac Stuka? It looks really nice!!

yes it is the Miniac Stuka. link to plane and plans I have always liked the look of that plane and had to see it in foam. I did learn so far on the Stuka that if using the cheap amazon 9g servos instead of the recommended 5g, They will not fit through the wing opening when it is time to push the wing through. but a couple of notches cut out and replaced later solved that. I am looking forward to building a few more Miniac planes soon.
-Jesse

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I have a viggen half built that I haven’t finished building, a pietenpol I’m almost done cutting out, and a EAF edge wing awaiting the fuselage, the 2D 3D biplane I designed that is awaiting electronics, and a ultra stick with a modded scout wing that needs landing gear and servos and a little more work. I plane on making a bushwhacker in the very near future as well (next week or two). So a ton of stuff😂