Open request - plane to fly at FF15

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Not to sidetrack the thread, but does anyone know if there are plans to roll the field and cut it shorter?

Yes, and probably (That came up Thursday over on the FF15 Question Thread)

Strix,

That's the one :) To see that cub push through sending part flying wildly was one of the single most impressive combat hits I've seen. Right up there with KFC's Airliner getting taken out at SEFF a few years back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8vqyRPuaSg&t=0m8s

(Check again around 7:30 for video of the carnage)

Last edited:

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Thanks everyone for the kindness and willingness to let me fly your birds, I look forward to meeting all of you at FF15!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Thanks everyone for the kindness and willingness to let me fly your birds, I look forward to meeting all of you at FF15!

Thanks for the mention in the podcast. I'll have to make sure Bixler says my last name right one of these days though. :p LOL

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
lol! How do you actually pronounce it? And I was very surprised that Austin pronounced my name right, I didn't tell him beforehand or anything so it definitely caught me off guard. Having a name with a silent H almost always ends in failure when someone tries to say it at first.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
lol! How do you actually pronounce it? And I was very surprised that Austin pronounced my name right, I didn't tell him beforehand or anything so it definitely caught me off guard. Having a name with a silent H almost always ends in failure when someone tries to say it at first.

It's pretty easy if you break it down actually. Spon... (not spoon like the eating utensil, ON as in opposite of OFF)...holz (like holes). To make it even easier....

https://www.howtopronounce.com/sponholz/

BTW, I thought your name was pretty easy.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I'm finally getting started on your build nic! The wing is all cut out and ready for decals and tape. Did you want to go with 3 or 4 channels?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I'm finally getting started on your build nic! The wing is all cut out and ready for decals and tape. Did you want to go with 3 or 4 channels?

(pssst -- hide the rudder servo in the fuse, mix it with another channel and make it a "surprise" mid-flight ;) )

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor

Woo! 3 is good, I'll be too busy full stick mashing during battle to even use a rudder :)

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
*cancels plane ticket to FF15

Wait?!? that was all we had to do? threaten to remotely crash his plane?!? Why didn't anyone tell us this!!!

We coulda picked up one of those dual RX buddybox modules and really played havok!!!!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I'm really liking the BLUE/WHITE Baron! I think I'll keep it make a pink one for nic? ;)

2015-04-29 23.54.48.jpg

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Nerdnic, you should know the Flite Test community enough to be afraid of possible shenanigans. I wouldn't even be surprised if it had a remotely triggered explosive device on board like David did for april fools :)

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Nerdnic, you should know the Flite Test community enough to be afraid of possible shenanigans. I wouldn't even be surprised if it had a remotely triggered explosive device on board like David did for april fools :)

Wha?!? we would NEVER do such a thing!!!

(quick, Sponz, Hide the M-80!)