OpenTX D16 Bind Options

RCdiy

RCdiy
[FONT=&quot]In RF D16 mode 16 channels are transmitted if the channel range is set to 1-16. The bind option determines if the servo pins are mapped to the first 8 channels or the second 8 channels. Further it also determines if telemetry from the receiver is turned on or off.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This is useful when using two receivers for redundancy or to connect more than 8 servos using two receivers.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]While this is useful for two receivers this can be used with just one receiver.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Check out the blog post and video.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]https://youtu.be/neHhRGUycJU [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://rcdiy.ca/opentx-guide/opentx...odel-menus/model-setup/#D16_Bind_Options_Menu [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Stay Safe & Have Fun[/FONT]

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Just wanted to confirm that in order to use two receivers, it requires two RF decks in my Taranis (i.e. the internal RF deck, and something plugged into the module bay).

I finally have a project big enough that I'm going to need more than 8 PWM channels and will end up trying this out in the spring :)

Thanks!

bitogre

Just wanted to confirm that in order to use two receivers, it requires two RF decks in my Taranis (i.e. the internal RF deck, and something plugged into the module bay).

I finally have a project big enough that I'm going to need more than 8 PWM channels and will end up trying this out in the spring :)

Thanks!

No, that is not correct. You can bind two receivers to a single RF deck however only one receiver can have telemetry enabled. It is also suggested that they do not use the same channel assignment. In such a case, using OpenTX 2.2.1, you would bind RX1 with the "Ch1-8 Telem ON" option and RX2 with the "Ch9-16 Telem OFF" option. This does mean that if you need 32 channels, you can use 2 RF decks and 4 receivers (2 bound to each RF deck).

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
No, that is not correct. You can bind two receivers to a single RF deck however only one receiver can have telemetry enabled. It is also suggested that they do not use the same channel assignment. In such a case, using OpenTX 2.2.1, you would bind RX1 with the "Ch1-8 Telem ON" option and RX2 with the "Ch9-16 Telem OFF" option. This does mean that if you need 32 channels, you can use 2 RF decks and 4 receivers (2 bound to each RF deck).

Thank you!! Makes much more sense now - and I can leave my DSM2 rf module plugged into the transmitter and bind it up starting at channel 17 then and have so many servos moving I'll need extra batteries and BECs to power them all :)