Opinions on a new warbird

earthsciteach

Oh, no no! If its foam, it can be fixed! The crash only ripped the off the wings and tail. The prop wasn't even broken! The plane has been successfully recovered and will fly again!

WarbirdFan66

recovered

Oh, no no! If its foam, it can be fixed! The crash only ripped the off the wings and tail. The prop wasn't even broken! The plane has been successfully recovered and will fly again!

I hope he didnt spent all his money on glue ;), looked like he needed a lot of it :black_eyed:

airhawk

Crashing Ace
i am a fan of the classic messershmit me3.jpg

WarbirdFan66

a Cup aka L-4 is allways a nice choice, im looking forward to your review of the bird...was temted by it too a few times but i think right now i tend more to the HobbyKing Stroch...always wanted to have one, still not really a beginner plane. :)

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
No its really not. It IS, however, a good beginner plane for something large. My second flight was a cake walk. It was just like I had been flying the smaller stuff but it lumbered much better.

TLMARK

a Cup aka L-4 is allways a nice choice, im looking forward to your review of the bird...was temted by it too a few times but i think right now i tend more to the HobbyKing Stroch...always wanted to have one, still not really a beginner plane. :)

Like this one

FBD93C51-03A0-4D7C-A1DB-CD5716C0DDDE-4132-0000024714E67DD6_zps00b06b1e.jpg

As you say not for beginners though

WarbirdFan66

Storche

yep, exactly like this one...well maybe not exactly, because if i put the swastika on the tail, the german police would be all over me, very nice bird by the way...as soon as i get some free hangar space i will add this to my collection aswell :D

Last edited:

TLMARK

Yeah I forget its against the law there!
It's a really nice plane great value for money. Have plans to re paint yours when you get it?

WarbirdFan66

yes, im actually looking for color options as we speak, but i think i will start with a cockpit mod. It would be intersting to try and put a more or less realistic cockpit and some pilots in it...and then turn it over and put some fresh color on it, africa korps would be my first choice, but i also wanted to try one in wintercamo aswell...im not sure yet, i mostly decide such things last minute when i see the plane in front of me...but i have to say the standard camo in which it is delivered does not look that bad either, maybe a little bit of weahtering would not hurt, still not bad really :)

Noob question. What would be the recommended skill level for the Storch? That is one of my favorite Axis planes and one that I would like to fly eventually.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I haven't flown it, but...

I'd say you should be able to handle it, after being comfortable with a foam high wing, 4 channel plane.

The only thing about this plane, is that it's balsa and covering. Repairs to these are MUCH more involved than an equivalent repair to a foam plane.

TLMARK

Noob question. What would be the recommended skill level for the Storch? That is one of my favorite Axis planes and one that I would like to fly eventually.

I would say intermediate level. It needs good cross control, and does tip stall if your too slow or sloppy in turns.
It looks like a nice trainer like a super cub but it nothing like a cub to fly.