Opterra S+ 1.2m

Tabdy

I've purchased an Opterra S+ 1.2m. I operate from a fairly confined site so I purchased an Aerostar RVS ESC from Hobby king, which matches the ESC supplied with the Opterra but gives a reverse function and should allow me to make a much steeper approach to land.
It now seems to me that I can't use it because the A3235 flight controller installed in the Opterra does not have a spare channel which I need to allow me to switch the motor direction. Am I correct on this? Is there a way round this without having to sacrifice any of the S+ facilities installed. Is there an alternative flight controller with more capacity which could replace the existing A3235.
I would be very grateful for some advice in this.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
you need the flight controller in that wing. it is not an easy launch nor is it a great lander. i was given one because the prior owner could not get it to fly and was scared he would just total it. i took it home, set it up in my tx, did a little reading, then took it out the next day. i had it flying well but the launch and the landing seem to always be problematic. if you get someone else to launch for you and use the safe mode, it will launch. once in the air it flies fine. on landing it has a real nasty tendency to tip stall at last minute (very strange for a delta wing) and go nose in. if you keep the speed up to prevent a stall, then it wants to bounce 5 ft into the air on touch down, then stall and go nose first again. it was like it had a spring on the bottom. i finally convinced the prior owner that he could fly it and gave it back to him. he now only flies it if he knows i am going to be at the field to help.

so with all that said your idea of reverse is a bad idea, i would not even attempt. i am afraid that will open a whole 'nother bag of worms.

sorry,

me :cool: