Optional stabilizers on FT Spear?

daspunner

Hi y'all!

Finishing up a FT Spear build. There is a set of optional stabilizers that you can install. How do the make the Spear behave? I am a pretty new pilot. Will they benefit me?

/D

OlliePackman

Hi y'all!

Finishing up a FT Spear build. There is a set of optional stabilizers that you can install. How do the make the Spear behave? I am a pretty new pilot. Will they benefit me?

/D
Never flown a spear but they will just make the thing track a little straighter yaw wise in the turns and in wind. Probably wouldn't matter either way to be honest. I would put em on because they definitely won't make it worse but if you think they look bad then don't bother.

daspunner

Never flown a spear but they will just make the thing track a little straighter yaw wise in the turns and in wind. Probably wouldn't matter either way to be honest. I would put em on because they definitely won't make it worse but if you think they look bad then don't bother.

Makes sense! I will install them then. Thanks!

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
+1 on the vertical stabilizers.
The plane will fly without them, they help reduce the waggle, yawing. I use a little (1/8th of an inch per side) toe in with the stabilizers on my Versa.