Orange 433Mhz 'LRS' module

zodrik

Hi guys I need some help.....I hook up the the TX module with my old spektrum dx5e via trainer port and power it up with external 3 s lipo,flashed with latest firmware,and made 2 dipoole antennas......so everithing work great,I made a range test,in the city, seat in my car,and i get 1,8 km......my question is:how the warning alarm work?is suppose to warning me when i start to loose signal,but nothing happen,i just see the servo go in failsafe mode when the signal get lost...and also is there a solution for stop the motor when loose the signal,because is going full throttle when signal is goone........so if you guys have any advice please let me know.....thanks a lot

UndCon

UndCon
If you are using OpenLRSng you have to activate failsafe mode in the firmware (in arduino IDE)

When activated the module starts BEEEEPing (continous) if you loose power to the plane

It beeps short if you loose packets.

Today I did a 1.3Km run - loiter tests and no glitches

I really like Arduplane navigating after waypoints.

Same route will be performed at 50 meters that is my usual height and I will increase altitude 50 meters for the 2nd run and so on...
I really want a better OSD than the cheapo HK that I use atm...order a MinimOSD ... or use the existing Eagletree gear...

I miss my EagleTree OSD settings but hate to install 2 RTH systems...

//UndCon

UndCon

UndCon
Yesterday I planned for a 2.2Km route - but I returned back home after 1.7/1.8Km as my video turned bad.

Some things I must try...

a 5.8Ghz video
Moving video antenna to a wingtip instead of the tail
Using a Inverted VEE instead of a cloverleaf
Using a Turnstile antenna instead of a cloverleaf
Using a directional antenna on groundstation

Looks like 5 separate tests....only have 3 LIPO's....but If I only go the designated route I think I can do 2 tests on 1 LIPO.

martin mcfly

Orange 433 max range

It is not stated what the max range is ? full range meaning ? I plan to use it for 10km range, can it do it ?

sorry I am not good in radio science...:(

thanks buddies..

regards,
Martin