Orange Acrotrainer.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Goose 2 055.JPG I feel guilty about not contributing more pics to this forum, so here is my labor of love.
I am more of a foamie guy, because I can push foamies farther without worrying about the months it took me to build a balsa plane.
However, I got into this hobby with balsa, and decided to build a highwing acro for "old times":p, so here it is.

Last edited:

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Great looking - but i miss the cylinder top with glow plug ;-)
Does not very "acro". Clark Y and and hig hwing. More like a regular trainer.
What is the wingspan and how big is the engine?

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
View attachment 7840 I feel guilty about not contributing more pics to this forum, so here is my labor of love.
I am more of a foamie guy, because I can push foamies farther without worrying about the months it took me to build a balsa plane.
However, I got into this hobby with balsa, and decided to build a highwing acro for "old times":p, so here it is.

Hey, FoamAddict - do you mind me asking, how old are you?

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
I am all of 16 years old!;) I've been building balsa planes since I was 3 though. I still am not very good at the covering.
I didn't get into RC until 3 years ago, but I had a large number of free flight aircraft that I flew quite often.
Pgerts, The reason it is an acro, is because it has a 1.2-1 thrust to weight ratio!:p
the wingspan is 36" And the plane weighs 800 grams! It uses standard servos all around, because It originally designed for a 0.15, wich is now in my combat plane.
Unfortunately, I did the maiden a few minutes ago, and I selected the wrong model memory, My low and high rates were to low on my ailerons, and I couldn't keep it out of a turn. Its wing got ripped off, and the Fuse is cracked. Oh well nothing a little CA can't fix. I shoehorned a 35-36 into it.
The original was wrecked by it's designer about 10 years ago, and I acquired the plans from a friend.

Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I am all of 16 years old!;) I've been building balsa planes since I was 3 though. I still am not very good at the covering.

Cool! I started around 15-16 years of age. Now 18, will be 19 in less than a month, and I am working towards getting my FPV gear.

Flown a Bixler 1, Bixler 2, FunBat (a pig to fly), a tricopter, and a Bonsai. Soon to add to the list: Tek Sumo and Bixler 1.1

I only own the Bixler 1, tricopter, and the FunBat (RIP). All other were someone else's.

MrClean

Nice. I actually almost weakend this week and ordered an OTS legal Ringmaster kit. First CL airplane of size that I built and successfully flew. I think I have the parts for one downstairs cut out and waiting which I traced off of an original kit, but having good wood, laser cut and ready for CA would be so much nicer then those ribs I need to notch for leading, trailing and spar. I really need to do something besides these stairs. Spring and SPADfest is coming.

Last edited:

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
I'll post a picture of it soon, I have to reassemble it as I had an encounter with a T-28 and SSC's don't glide well!
Ok confession, I didn't build all of it, a buddy and I worked on it; he glassed the front end and did the covering.
I will build another one this summer specifically designed for E power, and lighter. I did fix it post maiden, but I'm thinking that I need to replace the wing bolts with rubber bands as they're cheaper, and don't rip their hold down points out.:p

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Okay, I did the remaiden at 1400, and it flew great... Till my battery died, till I couldn't manuever, till I hit the FENCE POST!:mad:
The high wing loading was its undoing, but it will fly again!:D