Orange JR receiver

mark78

Hi people, this is my first ever post. I have just bought a OrangeRx transmitter from Hobbyking and I'm trying to bind it with a OrangeRx R615 spectrum/JR DSM2 compatible receiver. I have tried to bind already but it hasn't worked. Does anyone know if I'm wasting my time with the JR DSM2 and do I need just the OrangeRx DSM2 receiver. Or is the receiver simply not working.
Any enlightenment is much appreciated.

mark78

Thanks very much earthsciteach. I must of bought a faulty receiver then because when I plug in the power through the ESC I get no LED light flashing. The receiver also heats up quickly.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Thanks very much earthsciteach. I must of bought a faulty receiver then because when I plug in the power through the ESC I get no LED light flashing. The receiver also heats up quickly.

The receiver should not heat up at all. What voltage is it being fed?

Thurmond

mark78

I'm trying to bind it with a Orange rx transmitter. I plugged the receiver into a 18Amp esc, 370 turnigy motor and the battery is a 3s 500mah. I've followed the binding instructions but the led light doesn't even work. What I'm not sure about the JR receiver and if that makes any difference. As you can tell am a noob at this. I'm guessing the receiver is faulty.

mark78

Yes, the receiver doesn't have a power, positive or negative indicator. So I've tried plugging power connection from esc either way.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
On Every receiver I have top is signal, middle is + and bottom is ground. If the pins are vertical then the convention is the outside most pin near the board edge is ground, next traveling towards center of the board is + and center most pin is Signal (this applies to multirotor control boards too).

Thurmond