Orange Rx won't enter bind mode

Heli-Yeah!

Gremlin on the Wing
I have just received my Orange Rx, but when I power the unit, I only get a solid LED (not flashing). It will not go into bind mode (flashing LED). I have tried powering it with three different ESCs, two different Batteries, and two different Bind Plugs. With the Tx OFF, I apply power (ESC/Batt. plugged into throttle Ch., w/Bind plug in Batt/Bind port), and only get a solid red LED, It will not blink.

Can anyone think of what I might be doing wrong? :confused:

Last edited:

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Open up the receiver and look that the contacts between the bind port and board are clearly visible and watch out for any other unregular suspects.
Try to compare that receiver to another orange rx and find differences.
If there aren´t any I would say that it is not really usable anymore unless you can reprogramm the chip via PC

Heli-Yeah!

Gremlin on the Wing
I have been afraid to try, for fear that something might smoke. I have a Spektrum clone Rx that has the common on the bottom, but the bind plug was turned with the exposed pin side pointed toward the Bind/Batt. end. I took that as my example, and plug my throttle in the same way. I will try plugging it in reversed when I get home.

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Good luck with that!

I would absolutely hate it if my receiver wouldn´t work.
Simple reason I only have one for 3 models and keep switchin the receiver from plane to plane after each flight :(

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Common is on the bottom (or back) with the orange rx too.
The bind plug has no polarity. It should work one way just as well as the other.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
ah- I see. You can't use the orientation of the plugs themselves. I have seen them installed interchangeably.
You have to rely on the color of the wires. The black or brown depending on the wire type should be oriented to the back or bottom of the receiver.

nibnobsam

I like big leccy planes
Mentor
One side of the orange receivers hole is rounded and one is square, which gives an indication of which way round the plugs go, although the bind plug shouldn't matter either way.;)

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Awesome! Glad it works for ya. I use these exclusively except for the two that came with our radios.
I've got about 10 of them and have only had one issue.
I had one that somehow lost it's link to the plane at the field and wouldn't rebind. I took it out of the plane and hooked it up to test at home and it has worked ever since. i still use it for testing :)
I try to keep a couple around as spares but somehow I always find another plane to put 'em into :)