OrangeRX Module Taranis needing to ReBind

PKbunyi

Hello pilots, I have a Taranis and got the OrangeRX module for my smaller crafts. I am having to rebind my models when ever I want to fly a different model. Some of my questions are: Is there something I am missing or is this just how external modules work? What are the optimal settings in the Taranis for my module? Thanks

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
Yes, i rebind every time too. It's a very simple box not the best. If you want better you cancannibalize a rx from A dx4 or better, then you should have model memory again.

Basscor

I think it is the module rather than the radio as I have the same problem with my old JR. I too would like to know if anyone else has found a solution.

ruud

You need to make sure the modulation type matches the aircraft you originally bound it with. There are four different modulation types (DSM2 and DSMX, each at 11ms or 22ms). When you bind, the Orange module indicates the modulation type by blinking the LED a certain number of times. I forgot exactly which blink pattern is which modulation type, but in practice it doesn't really matter. All you need to do is write down somewhere what blink pattern was showing after you bound the plane. (One tip I heard: write it on the plane itself near the battery holder as a number of dots)

If you later want to fly that same aircraft again, you need go back to the right blink pattern. Press the button on the OrangeRX module 3 times quickly to change to the next one. You may have to do this multiple times until you get the right one.

Since I've started doing this I haven't had to rebind. Of course, it's still tedious, but not as bad as fiddling with the bind plug in the receiver.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
You still need to choose the right model on the Taranis since it is not automtically detected. Otherwise trims, etc. will be off.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
On my taranis, the spektrum models have the modulation in the model name. E.g. 0d2 means led is off, dsm2.

PKbunyi

I think I saw on another forum that they call it "Chinese Roulette" because the you cant tell what the ID is when choosing.