OrangeRx r610 range

Claus

I did a rangecheck on my reciever, and got out to about 47meters (I ran out of space to measure, so i don't if it has more range):). Do anybody kwon what range that gives my in the air.

Claus

PaulT

Mentor
I would say about 47 meters.
If you ran out of space, are you intending to fly straight up and down?
Seriously, I use this by itself and get about 750 meters safely and with the satellite added..as far as I can see my plane.
Range checking (which you should do every time out) on the ground will not give you any idea of range in the air.

Rcjim11

Those Orange rxs are really good and hold range as far as the eye can see, I just would not consider them for FPV or expensive planes

SunShine

not crazy, just stupid
I did a rangecheck on my reciever, and got out to about 47meters (I ran out of space to measure, so i don't if it has more range):). Do anybody kwon what range that gives my in the air.

Claus
did you use the "range test" button? because than you get around 500-600m in the air? if not than probably not more than 70-90m, but than you probably have a faulty receiver..

Claus

I always use the range test button. Next time i will find a larger place to range test, but atleast i got better range then the ar600 we tested it against.

SunShine

not crazy, just stupid
I always use the range test button. Next time i will find a larger place to range test, but atleast i got better range then the ar600 we tested it against.
than you don't have to worry about the radio-range as long as you use it with a foamie. you will loose it out of sight before you loose the radio connection.

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
I received 5 receivers of them today and two are already built into my Event 3D (1m foamie) and my Sky Fighter (mini wing).

I am going to do a range test with both of them that I will be using and probably with all the others as well and post my results here if I don´t forget it. So far no problems with binding etc. and everything is working fine.

Claus

I have 3 of them, and i'm very pleased with them. I have flown till my graupnar elektro trainer was i little dot, and never had any glitches.

SunShine

not crazy, just stupid
So if you use the R610 with the satellite it'll have the range of a "full range" rx like the AR600?
the range isn't just the receivers responsibility, actually, the maximum range is usually limited by the transmitter. you can imagine the transmitter shouting what you want to do, and the transmitter is doing the listening. when you add a satellite you can say you ad another ear, suddenly you have ears facing in many more directions, so when you are far away, and you start turning, the receiver keeps hearing the commands. so you do gain "usable" range if you ad satellites. (when i say usable range, i mean range where you don't get glitches).

So in theory, you should be able to get the same range with the orange receiver as with the spectrum receivers. however i can imagine that the orange receivers aren't that well built, they may be emitting more (electromagnetic)noise than the spectrum ones, and that again will give you reduced range.
Note: i have never measured anything, so it might be that the orange receivers don't emit noise, and than they can be equally good.

Last edited:

PaulT

Mentor
I can attest that the HK orange are every bit as good as the Spektrum name
brand units. I was hestitant at first but I am of the opinion that cheap
is not the same as inexpensive in this product. I have physically tested these to 1.5kms
on the ground with no glitches when using them with a satelite.

Edit-- my bad. I was referring to the the Orange R910 and just re-read my post.
AND I fly on a 1800 acre open area for the most part. LOS is about 5 kilometers (3.5miles) with
no obstructions and very little rf interference.

Last edited:

Claus

I have a satelite reciever at the postal office, looking forward to put it in my Fms mirage 4000, so i can get it in the air. I have inserted a servo speed regulator on the gear, it looks so awesome when the gear is slowly going up.
I love it!!!

Great luck. No glitches, no problems. I have nine 610's and three 415's(not tested). The 610's have allowed me do spend a lot more on airplanes. I am ordering 6 more 610's and three of the 910's.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I have four of the orange Rx 6 channels. I have had zero problems with any of them and I've flown them as far as I could see the model. I plan on getting the nine channel for my 30 size heli.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
I have used a few of the six channel ones that don't have the orange hard cover and they've been fine. The only Orange R910 I ordered was doing brown-outs or lock-outs or something. I know it wasn't my Spektrum TX b/c I've never had a problem with the radio while flying with genuine Spektrum Rx's.