Oregon State Senate Bill to Ban FPV Flying.

sandblaster

The only thing good coming out of Eugene Oregon is the Ducks football team. All the rest seems to relate to the title of a movie, "Dumb and Dumber", and I live here. Oregon is a great place to live IF we could just get rid of the "stupid" of politicians. This is just the latest example.

Here is his email address: sen.floydprozanski@state.or.us

Here is the contact page for Gov. Kitzhaber: http://www.oregon.gov/gov/Pages/Contact.aspx

Now you can copy and paste the letter and send by email.

Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Don't forget that Ecuador is an almost free country. Show them FPV here, you're as awesome as Loki. As long as you're not smuggling D's with your copter, you're just an awesome genius making stuff fly.

Seriously though, Ecuador could be a nice alternative! House on the beach for under 100K anyone?

lonewolf7717

God bless the Republic of Texas! Love both Washington and Oregon.....and most the inhabitants therein but due to their unfortunate proximity to the 31st state in the "union" the downward slide may be irreversible.

tramsgar

Well enjoy your representative democracy. Maybe the god of irony is trying to get a message through.

MrClean

Silly politicians all over the world. Was just reading about a girl in another country that finally had the right to use her name. Seems they have a list of approved names in that country and anything off of it is a no no BUT you only find out how much it hurts you when become a legal adult and can't get any official forms filled out.

Guvment be cray cray all ova.

robschonk

Don't forget that Ecuador is an almost free country.

We used to have a free county here, but we've traded it for the nanny state. Haven't used my Spanish since college. Maybe I should study up.

"Anyone who trades freedom for security deserves neither". - Thomas Jefferson

//political rant off//

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
The common trait that we're seeing is laws being made out of ignorance. We vote in, or by not voting, allow to be voted in, people who are quite willing to legislate away your freedoms, with no clear positive impact on the community as a whole.

We're living in a generation where the legal system fails to uphold the laws that are in existence, and the solution they keep coming up with, is to just write more laws.

zev

lumpy member
I wrote to Flyod, and said "when regulating the misuse of drones, one should regulate the misuse, not the drone itself. your proposed bill completely disregards the fact that unmanned video capturing flying vehicles have a myriad of useful and constructive purposes (think amateur forest fire patrol, or disaster relief) as well as the ordinary hobbyists use for them. if people are spying with them, make that illegal, crack down on it by all means.
496 people were bludgeoned to death by hammers in 2011, but we are not (and should not) ban a useful tool for its possible misuses, as any powerful technology will inherently have.
"

he wrote back "SB 71 was introduced as a Senate Judiciary "place holder" bill. It was pre-session filed to get the bill into the process at the beginning of session. I understand the bill was broadly written, but it will be amended to focus on the "bad" conduct of the operator in using drones. I was given a copy of the drafted amendment on Friday and will be talking to the Judiciary staff about some additional changes before the bill is scheduled for hearing. My intent is to address the misuse of drones and to protect individuals' privacy rights."

ok. that's a good thing, I suppose. I am sort of amazed that I gat an actual response.

Rcisawesome

This is driving me crazy! People get angry about "drones" even though there are security cameras everywhere. Let's ban those! Derp! We should be worrying about gun control first, right? People are losing there lives to guns around the country, yet people are like "Let's ban drones!". What happened?!? Sooner or later some 7 year old is going to go to court for owning a Air Hogs Hawk Spy. We need to make a compromise. Anyone here a live in Oregon?

Last edited:

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
This is driving me crazy! People get angry about "drones" even though there are security cameras everywhere. Let's ban those! Derp! We should be worrying about gun control first, right? People are losing there lives to guns around the country, yet people are like "Let's ban drones!". What happened?!? Sooner or later some 7 year old is going to go to court for owning a Air Hogs Hawk Spy. We need to make a compromise. Anyone here a live in Oregon? Oh yeah, how old do I have to be to write to the governor?

People loose their lives every day to MANY things so lets don't pick on Guns since they do REQUIRE a trigger man. What about the lowly "Frank"(yes the center of a Hot Dog) that kills thousands of children each year? What about the DiHydrogenOxide poisoning that has killed BILLIONS since creation and continues to kill thousands every day?

Thurmond

earthsciteach

It makes me crazy to know that politicians overlook the dangers of DiHydrogenOxide while focusing on guns and drones. The dangers of it are so many, yet no one says a thing about it. Yet another example of the power of lobbyists with deep pockets!

Tritium

My apologies. The DiHydrogenOxide Conspiracy would have been more correct usage in my statement above.

Thurmond

earthsciteach

"Conspiracy" just makes it sounds a bit crazy. Fact is, there are people out there who have a vested interest in this deadly chemical. In fact, it is irrevocably tied to the economy in so many ways that some would say society would not exist without it.

Tritium

"Conspiracy" just makes it sounds a bit crazy. Fact is, there are people out there who have a vested interest in this deadly chemical. In fact, it is irrevocably tied to the economy in so many ways that some would say society would not exist without it.

It is certainly used in a highly purified state in semiconductor manufacturing where I shamelessly worked with it 12hrs a day or more.:confused:

I also know that the fast food industry relies on it heavily irreguardless of its proven danger to human life.

Thurmond