OT - Any quad flight simulators?

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
The latest release of Realflight (v7.5) has a bunch of additional multirotor models and challenges. This seems to be the biggest change as far as I can see. I've been practicing a lot with the tricopter.

Best regards,
PCH

Edit to fix autocorrect (multicolor)

Last edited:

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
I found it nice to learn on a toy:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...electronics,306&rh=n:172282,k:nano+quadcopter

These are cheap and light enough so that when they crash they don't tend to break. Some of these may be flown indoors or out.

I don't think anything prepares you for flying in your neighborhood with your weather at your altitude quite like flying in your neighborhood. :)

My first copter was the Syma X1. When I outgrew it, I gave it away and built an Anycopter. :)

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
My first copter was the Syma X1. When I outgrew it, I gave it away and built an Anycopter. :)

I still have my X1...I almost never fly it but I keep it with me for those people who like to ask "Can I try it?" when they see me flying my "real" quads :) That thing is so resilient I have no concerns at all about handing it to anyone....as long as there's enough room.

Let my daughter try it in the front yard once. Once. Not making that mistake again. She's a little too hyper on the sticks for that small of a space! Didn't manage to hurt the X1 but I was afraid I was going to need some new windows!

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
I have hit my windows with my Zyma. It is so light I never had a worry. :)

It's like hitting your glass with a speeding ping pong ball.