Other Hobbies? (I do airsoft)

OliverW

Legendary member
I would fish a lot more but we don't have very many good places for it, and my folks HATE it. I have caught a good sized Bass before.
Thats awesome! The fish not that your folks hate it. That sucks man. If huckfesg was at Higgins field I would fish the Yakima river with ya

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Oh man watching you guys talk fishing brings back AWESOME memories when I was growing up. I miss fishing so much. Anything from pike fishing on a small river to flounder fishing on the Delaware bay, to stripper / weak fishing off shore. The only draw backs were oyster crackers and eels. Then there was crabbin off the old train trestle and treading clams when tide was too low for anything else.

I remember my first fishing pole and going down to a tiny bridge between my school and the ball fields. Used to bail perch like a fiend just bobber fishing from there with tiny hooks and bread balls.

OliverW

Legendary member
Oh man watching you guys talk fishing brings back AWESOME memories when I was growing up. I miss fishing so much. Anything from pike fishing on a small river to flounder fishing on the Delaware bay, to stripper / weak fishing off shore. The only draw backs were oyster crackers and eels. Then there was crabbin off the old train trestle and treading clams when tide was too low for anything else.

I remember my first fishing pole and going down to a tiny bridge between my school and the ball fields. Used to bail perch like a fiend just bobber fishing from there with tiny hooks and bread balls.
I've got a "creek" a mile or so from my school. I'm a little bit tempted to try it as I saw schools of black carp in the water. But then again its in the sketchy-est part of town. Believe it or not, I've also never caught a perch!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I've got a "creek" a mile or so from my school. I'm a little bit tempted to try it as I saw schools of black carp in the water. But then again its in the sketchy-est part of town. Believe it or not, I've also never caught a perch!

They are fun to catch if you are on super light pole with low test line. They like to run and with a low drag set can be as fun to "fight" as a pike. Just dont do that if you catch and release as it stresses the fish too much.

OliverW

Legendary member
They are fun to catch if you are on super light pole with low test line. They like to run and with a low drag set can be as fun to "fight" as a pike. Just dont do that if you catch and release as it stresses the fish too much.
Only time I ever have to do that is with some of the 8+ pound steroids goldfish that we catch

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
I was just about to buy my first fishing license when everything went on lockdown. There's one lake open in the entire state rn and I'd rather just buy a day pass whenever I'm up there.

@"Corpse" I airsoft too, used to work for AirsoftGI and reffed for a year at SC Viper. Officially I'm "retired" from public games but if anyone wanted to get a game started I'd be more than willing.

IMG_20200724_121604.jpg

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Back in the day we didnt have any of these air soft guns and plastic bb's. We had Crossman 766 pellet guns and used to build tree forts and underground bunkers or short trenches and shoot at each other. For a while I was the cool kid because my father who was a machinist helped design a Freon powered bb machine pistol but that never got going as Freon was being phased out as bad for the environment. CO2 and compressed "green" gasses were not in the cards at that time. Then we got into modding riding lawn mowers and did some back woods bashing with those until we were able to afford dirt bikes. Oh to be 12 again and know what I do now. (hope you cant see my evil grin) :devilish:

Its amazing the older we get the more revert back to being kids again.

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
Back in the day we didnt have any of these air soft guns and plastic bb's. We had Crossman 766 pellet guns and used to build tree forts and underground bunkers or short trenches and shoot at each other. For a while I was the cool kid because my father who was a machinist helped design a Freon powered bb machine pistol but that never got going as Freon was being phased out as bad for the environment. CO2 and compressed "green" gasses were not in the cards at that time. Then we got into modding riding lawn mowers and did some back woods bashing with those until we were able to afford dirt bikes. Oh to be 12 again and know what I do now. (hope you cant see my evil grin) :devilish:

Its amazing the older we get the more revert back to being kids again.
The toys never go away, they just get more expensive. I never had an airsoft gun until I was at least 12, before that we shot each other with Daisy lever-action airguns and homemade slingshots. Inevitably they got taken away whenever someone came home with a bleeding eye but after a week or two we were always right back at it. We built our own mini dune buggy recently and broke the whole thing in half by pushing it too hard, we need to weld up a new one sometime.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
Some where there is STILL a KTM 500 frame wrapped around and probably grown into a tree by now about 18 or so feet up back where I grew up... Wonder how that got there....:unsure:;)
I wish I lived in a more rural area where I could get into shenanigans like that. I live just on the edge of town, so I can see all the land where I could go dirt bike riding and do some serious airsoft. It's like a carrot on a stick lol:mad::mad:;)

"Corpse"

Legendary member
I was just about to buy my first fishing license when everything went on lockdown. There's one lake open in the entire state rn and I'd rather just buy a day pass whenever I'm up there.

@"Corpse" I airsoft too, used to work for AirsoftGI and reffed for a year at SC Viper. Officially I'm "retired" from public games but if anyone wanted to get a game started I'd be more than willing.

View attachment 176191
If I see you in an airsoft game, you'll be first in my scope!

Seriously though, if we get stationed close together we should get a game going!

hazeldaniel

Well, I have a very unique hobby, I like to collect hoodies, jackets of different rapper and different celebrities like Lil peep, juice wrld, astroworld, and many more. I also love to sing songs like rappers in my free time.

BetseyBuran

Well, I have a very unique hobby. I like to collect hoodies, jackets, hats and fan stuff of different rappers and music artists like Mac Miller, Eminem, Enrique, Pitbull etc. I am a music lover and also want to be a great singer in the future. I also like to play instruments in my spare time.

Alex Carry1

Everyone has its own Hobbies and Have unique in their nature. My hobbies are to To listen to Juice World and Other Famous Singers of the World and wear their Merchandise. I also love to play guitor. And want to be a future singer.

flamingo

What hobbies do all ya'll have other than flying planes, quads and helicopters?

I love airsoft and just finished hydro dipping my airsoft M-61 sniper rifle. It looks sick! If any of you are near Washington, we should set up a game sometime!
iwant todo airsoft and i like it a lot i even watch airsoft on yt but its too much moeny and if i buy one my freinds dont have one