Other Hobbies? (I do airsoft)

peraspera

Looks like a nerd portfolio, but I really like painting miniatures (knights, ships, and... planes, isn't that obvious?). No wargaming though.

checkerboardflyer

I have a blog dedicated to R/C foam board modelers. Sounds like work, but I enjoy doing it. Pictured below is an FT Simple Scout modified with a balsa stick rear fuselage. I call it a Hybrid. Visit my blog at: https://foamboardflyers.com/

blog screenshot ft scout - 1.jpeg

Jade_Monkey07

I used to play paintball religiously. But I fell out of it when I moved away from home after college. Since then its been all about mountains. First hiking, then mountaineering. Now its strictly rock climbing. The bigger and more difficult the better. I've travelled all over for it, became a guide and Spent a year in Thailand on the limestone tufas. And 6 months jumping off deep water solo climbs in ha long bay Vietnam. Made my way through laos and Visited the much coveted yosimite and have done a few of the big multi pitch traditional climbs there. Next trips planned are to spain for a summer and the bolivia for a while. Cant get enough rock in my life. I also got my divemaster and spend lots of time underwater too. I jump from one guide job to the next either on rocks or lookin at fish. As for the rc hobby, I'll be bringing it with me. Well some small parts for micros anyway and build some simple planes wherever I am.

DrakeKnox

Hey, that's awesome! I'm really into airsoft too, it's such an adrenaline rush. 🤩 But when I'm not on the battlefield, you'll often catch me jamming on my Irish drum 🪘. The rhythm is so therapeutic!

Last edited:

TylerJohnson

Hey, that hydro-dipped sniper rifle sounds rad! Apart from flying, I'm into hiking and mountain biking. Always up for an airsoft game if I were in Washington!

JFC24

I used to hunt, precision reload, and compete in PRS competitions.

Then I got transferred and promoted so when I’m not at work, I’m Dad.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Since I stepped away from the RC flying thing I got into building and fixing guitars. Here is the first one I built for a competition called the Great Guitar Build Off hosted by Crimson Guitars over in merry ole England.

IMG_20210626_131124_332.jpg IMG_20210626_131145_706.jpg IMG_20210626_132533_222.jpg IMG_20210626_131203_760.jpg

Here is the one I built Last year. This was originally based on Lzzy Hales white signature Gibson Explorer but evolved as the build went on. the front was painted with the brightest white paint Nasson had and the back is Harley Davidson "Jake Blue" donated to the build by a friend who is a paint rep. He also mixed the paints for my 1986 Washburn RR11v restoration (WIP) and the next build in this thread.

Thick Lzzy front.jpg Thick Lzzy back.jpg

This next guitar started out as a donation to practice a paint scheme for my next competition build. Needless to say I did as I always do and dove head first into it and it became something else other than practice. Here is its evolution and current state.

Start.png 20230621_191640.jpg 20230621_191726.jpg 20230628_155752.jpg 20230725_190607.jpg 20230802_165310.jpg 20230805_172551.jpg 20230807_131055.jpg 20230809_191744.jpg 20230812_165828.jpg 20230906_171949.jpg 20230907_153813.jpg 20230907_153800.jpg

Hopefully it will all be finished next week sometime when the custom wound pickups are finished and shipped.

All this stuff is documented on my crappy YouTube channel if anyone is interested. https://www.youtube.com/@borgonianevolution9164/videos

Enrique66

Personally, I love mountain biking. I've been doing trail mostly, and last summer I rode all the trails I could from Fairbanks to Anchorage, Alaska. An I have recently taken an interest in Enduro. It is so exhilarating pumping up hill and jamming back down, launching off jumps and ripping around berms. It is also fantastic exercise ;)
My steed is a Trek Fuel ex 8. But I have my eye on a Slash next. Yeah, it is also much more expensive than my toy planes. lol
I've got a Marin hardtail that I've recently dusted off and started riding again. It took a bit of effort to get it back in working condition, but I'm thoroughly enjoying my time with it. I hadn't been on a bike in years and had forgotten how much I genuinely enjoy it.