Other RC forums

messyhead

This forum is great, full of good resources, and a helpful, friendly, knowledgeable community (have I buttered you up enough?)

So what other forums are good for RC flying that you use?

I had a look on the Model Flying RCM&E one, but it didn't seem very friendly, especially for new flyers.

The Fopster

Master member
This is the best. You hit pay dirt first time - congrats! Others are all different, and certainly have their uses. But - the most helpful and friendly people all seem to have landed here. Weird, and no idea how or why that would happen, but in my experience that's how it is.

FWIW I sometimes take a look around rcgroups.com. But end up back here!

Bricks

Master member
I use Rcgroups alot for informationa very active forum lot of good people there but there are a few a--holes, there search fuction is so-so but there is a world of information there it takes some digging sometimes.

Few other`s not as much traffic RCUniverse and Flying Giants.

messyhead

Thanks. I just wanted to check if I was missing out on information somwhere. I've seen rc groups a few times, but I'll just stick with here :D

basslord1124

Master member
I used to post on RCG. Lots of good knowledgeable folk over there BUT you also get the a-holes as @Bricks mentioned. Once I started doing the FT stuff, I sort of quit over at RCG and posting here more. It's a much better atmosphere here IMO. I'll post on RCG every now and then, mainly just on FT related stuff or updating my blog on any new videos I put out. I'll also browse the classifieds on occasion.

But at the end of the day, this is my home. :)

speedbirdted

Legendary member
RCGroups is crap. I only use it for the classifieds section. The only other forum I really look at with any degree of regularity is RCScaleBuilder.

I used to go on another forum a long time ago called Ultimate RC which was actually populated with really nice people but sadly it went belly up some years ago and I don't think it'll ever be back. Catered more towards RC cars anyway, but that's what I was doing back then.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
RCGroups is crap. I only use it for the classifieds section. The only other forum I really look at with any degree of regularity is RCScaleBuilder.

I used to go on another forum a long time ago called Ultimate RC which was actually populated with really nice people but sadly it went belly up some years ago and I don't think it'll ever be back. Catered more towards RC cars anyway, but that's what I was doing back then.

I feel like it depends on what section of the forums you're looking at. The slope/glider/DLG section seems to be pretty good; most of those guys are pretty relaxed and simply want to just fly. There's generally nobody arguing/warring over brands of radios, or hating on a particular type of flier. They might tell you something like, "Sorry, I don't know enough about brand X transmitter because I've only ever flown with brand Y," but that could happen with ANY RC forum. :)