Ottawa Ontario, Canada

tommcgarry

TomMcGarry
Hi, im Tom McGarry from Ottawa Canada, im a big Flitetest fan and I've scratchbuilt almost all their planes. I'm flying and building every day. If there is anyone in the area who would like to fly... I am down. Check out my website at youcanflyrc.webs.com Thanks

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Hi Tom...

I'm from Ottawa as well ;)

10593404_1525362194359568_477788262_n.jpg

tommcgarry

TomMcGarry
wow guys thats awesome! I've heard over the show and podcast that there was a couple guys from Ottawa at Flitefest. I had planned on going but I got asked to be a best man at my brothers wedding. But next year for sure!

I live near Billings Bridge and the Glebe, and I'm always down for flying!

artw

Hey, I think I may have met you yesterday at the Carleton indoor event
I was the guy with the little white diddlerod.
I fly out of a field just north of Kanata.

artw

cool vids that scout would be neat FPV.
I am going to try to sneak out to the RA Centre one of these Saturdays.

llipho

I live in Ottawa as a student. Just started to get into the hobby. I go to Carleton. My interested stemmed from wanting to take aerial photography. Currently I have a quad and flying wing that I am learning to use. the wing is a ft arrow. ( thought it might be fun and relatively cheap, I downloaded the plans).

Always interested in hearing experience and help from where ever it may come.

I'm in Ottawa too and I am looking for someone to teach me to fly as well. I built a FT-22 and also looking for maybe a RC club or Group to fly with so I'm not always alone at the park. Also, do people fly in the winter?

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
I'm in Ottawa too and I am looking for someone to teach me to fly as well. I built a FT-22 and also looking for maybe a RC club or Group to fly with so I'm not always alone at the park. Also, do people fly in the winter?

Where are you in Ottawa?

Usually I'm near Westboro but am also in Orleans a lot of the time.

Not the Westboro church! The neigbourhood.

Last edited:
Lots of park flying out of Millennium park :)

I've been there before! That's actually the first place I saw R/C airplanes. I thought is was only larger planes though, and I thought my foamie FT-22 wouldn't have been any good there. I guess I'll have to try!

Liv2ride

I'm from Orleans as well, I was just at Millennium park this past sunday with my family, and I could see a few guys with some racing quads there, After a while of watching and listening to the wizzing sounds from afar, I popped by to maiden my FT sportster and mini sportster, was a beautiful day out !! Both were successful, it was my first time with the mighty mini series and it was a totally different flying experience, Very fast movements haha, I had to land it a few times during the first flight to dial down the throws to barely anything.
I'm sure i'll run into someone from here or other hobbyists alike soon enough !

Attachments

• mighty mini sportster.jpg
    mighty mini sportster.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 2

Liv2ride

We must of, I headed over to the park around 2:45 - 3:00, That's a great shot by the way ! It was actually my first time there, and I really enjoyed it, the track and field area with the parking lot if just nice, no civilization back there either. When I was there , some guys with a Dji inspire looking drone were just taking off.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Nice. Yeah it is a decent spot but we don't know how the impact will be once the soccer field is active.

I'm from Orleans as well, I was just at Millennium park this past sunday with my family, and I could see a few guys with some racing quads there, After a while of watching and listening to the wizzing sounds from afar, I popped by to maiden my FT sportster and mini sportster, was a beautiful day out !! Both were successful, it was my first time with the mighty mini series and it was a totally different flying experience, Very fast movements haha, I had to land it a few times during the first flight to dial down the throws to barely anything.
I'm sure i'll run into someone from here or other hobbyists alike soon enough !

How did you decorate that sportster? It's amazing!

Once I paint my FT-22 and the school work starts to ease up I will probably be out there a lot.

Last edited: