Out with the old in with the new

T0PH3R

I’ve always been super into aviation for as long as I can remember. I’ve always wanted to be a pilot just never had the money. About a year and a half ago I found fpv drones and got pretty deep into it and found flight test about the same time. I’ve loved drones but rc planes are far more interesting to me over all. I already have a frsky taranis.

Anyways I really want to start getting into planes. What flight test kit from everyone’s experience has been the best for them and will I be ok off with a taranis?? Love WW1-WW2 plane and would love to fly the dr1 or a P-40 but are they noob friendly? Thanks everyone.

Jimun

Elite member
I’ve always been super into aviation for as long as I can remember. I’ve always wanted to be a pilot just never had the money. About a year and a half ago I found fpv drones and got pretty deep into it and found flight test about the same time. I’ve loved drones but rc planes are far more interesting to me over all. I already have a frsky taranis.

Anyways I really want to start getting into planes. What flight test kit from everyone’s experience has been the best for them and will I be ok off with a taranis?? Love WW1-WW2 plane and would love to fly the dr1 or a P-40 but are they noob friendly? Thanks everyone.
Welcome aboard
After checking this forum and the Flite Test videos I chose the Tiny trainer and I am still learning and have rebuilt many times. Many here have recommended it to learn on. I am now building a second one so I can get more flight time in. Have fun and Remember the Moro
Build, Fly, Crash, Repeat.

Last edited:

FDS

Elite member
The DR1 is fragile compared to say a Tiny Trainer but my son has used his to learn on. It’s a three channel mini so is pretty forgiving, just build it as light as possible and don’t try flying it in more than 8-10mph winds.
The only thing it doesn’t do well is landing, it tips on the nose every time on any field bumpier than a billiard table!
The Simple Scout would be a better 4 channel option between the DR1 and P40, it’s still WW1 styled and if you could fly that well in 4ch the P40 wouldn’t be a huge leap up.