P.1079 Mighty mini master series style jet.

foamboardflyer

Progress...
34C335D2-7DA7-4A4E-912A-054C8B61A25D.jpeg

I originally wanted to make the fuselage thicker than the power pod so I could fit it inside the plane. but I realize that the inside of the mighty mini power pod is 21mm witch is about the thickness of 4 pieces of foam board, and the fuselage is 4 pieces of foam board so I mounted the pp is on the outside of the plane Mounting the pp like this keeps the weight down and the original plan was to make it sub 250g and this one is about 170g right now all I have to do is add ailerons so I’m thinking maybe 190g maybe? View attachment 209099 View attachment 209100
Love this project! Excellent power pod mount technique. Excellent clean stripped-down build. (y)(y)

foamboardflyer

any more progress on it? I would love to see this finished, though I still do not have the chance to build it on my owwn. sorry
I’m sorry I haven’t posted anything lately I’ve been really busy and haven’t had a chance to work on it again, I’m going to try to finish it this month.

foamboardflyer

ok. once I finish the bn-2 islander I currently switched too, I will make sure to try to build it myself too.
Sooo it’s ben 9 months I Guess you probably finish your bn-2 islander like 8 months ago I got a little busy with school and then work over the summer but I can work on this project again. The channels for the B fold are 9.81mm (0.386 in) it should be like 5.20mm (0.205 in)

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Sooo it’s ben 9 months I Guess you probably finish your bn-2 islander like 8 months ago I got a little busy with school and then work over the summer but I can work on this project again. The channels for the B fold are 9.81mm (0.386 in) it should be like 5.20mm (0.205 in)
Yeah. Will this collaboration continue to make it master series? Also do you have any tutorial on how to design master series in cad as I want to design something like a master series plane, maybe even this.

foamboardflyer

Yes I was hoping we could still make it in the master series style. @Whit Armstrong has some tutorials on master series style stuff, I use autoCAD but I still can watch his tutorials and follow along, But it’s been so long since I watched his tutorials I might need a refresher. I have a few ideas for the airfoil too.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Yes I was hoping we could still make it in the master series style. @Whit Armstrong has some tutorials on master series style stuff, I use autoCAD but I still can watch his tutorials and follow along, But it’s been so long since I watched his tutorials I might need a refresher. I have a few ideas for the airfoil too.
I also use autocad! How do you unfold the pieces? Send me the files if you finish it. I am for now trying to design a p26 in Onshape to learn how to design a master series. What airfoil? Thanks so much for helping out. I can make the plans sponz style pretty easy. Send me the 2d plans and I will do that! I just need at,east one of the measurements, like draw a line through the wing and ,ark was on it

foamboardflyer

I’m still working on what software to use for unfolding models. but about making the design I’ll probably need some detailed plans, like balsa plans or maybe even the original nazi blueprints since the aircraft never existed, I would think that’s how people have made models of the design. the plans are probably on the internet somewhere but I couldn’t find anything from the little looking I did.

Last edited:

foamboardflyer

Wen I said airfoil I really meant wing. Here’s a few pictures of a wing from a different project, I think something similar to this might work.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Wen I said airfoil I really meant wing. Here’s a few pictures of a wing from a different project, I think something similar to this might work. View attachment 230365 View attachment 230366 View attachment 230367
That should be amazing. A 3d printed spar (to be accurate) should help with strength. Good thinking with the airfoil. I was also thinking of first running it on 2 servos for the tail not 4? Is that a bad idea? Also a 2306 motor with a 6 inch prop should be a good power combo for this. This should be around 40 inches wingspan. Also I there is anything to contribute, I should be able to, just I need some time, as school homework is a problem.

foamboardflyer

40 inches? I thought it was going to be 30in. this model should be 4 channel because of the torque roll problems with the last one. I kinda want to do two versions. A edf version and a prop driven one.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
40 inches? I thought it was going to be 30in. this model should be 4 channel because of the torque roll problems with the last one. I kinda want to do two versions. A edf version and a prop driven one.
I agree about the 2 versions. 40in might make it a little less torque rolley so that is why I said that. sorry about that as well, I dont remember much from 9 months ago. 30in. sounds allright. it might be alittle heavy though, as the heinkel p1079 minimized wing area (I increased it a lot in the chuck glider)