P-38 Build

SORRENTO

That was more or less what I had intended to do but didn't know if the booms are supposed to be parallel or not. If I position the booms at 5.5 inches out at the leading edge and use the cut-outs in the tailplane to space the ends of the booms, they will definitely not be parallel but angled inwards towards the front, presumably altering the thrust angles of both motors. I am not sure if this will affect the way it will fly. (Assuming that we are eventually allowed out and have somewhere to go flying!!!)

seerekim

I had that issue as well - what @mach1 rc did was he lined up the front of the boom and then adjusted the rear.
A question for you guys that have built or are building the P38. As posted elsewhere, I am currently building this model from downloaded plans and have reached the stage of putting the booms onto the wing. When I position them at the measurements given in the build video
( 5.5 inches out at the leading edge and 7.5 inches out at the trailing edge) the ends of the booms are not in alignment with the location slots in the horizontal stabilizer - they are over an inch too close together. I realise that some inaccuracies creep in when making and using templates to cut out the foam, but everything so far has gone together perfectly. Luckily, I have not glued the booms in place, so not a big deal to slide them further out on the wing, but it really puzzles me why it is so far out. Has anyone else had this issue? The positioning marks, which presumably are on the laser cut parts in the kit, did not print out clearly on the plan which is why I used the measurements given in the build video. Perhaps someone who has built the model from a kit could confirm that the measurements I am using are completely accurate and not a 'guesstimate' Thanks in advance for any info.
Checked mine just now, those dims match my kit build.