P-38 group build!

mach1 rc

Master member
So I started watching the build video and am getting pretty pumped up for this build. I have the mustangs to finish cutting but after that I will start cutting this plane out. It looks like it’s going to be a hard but rewarding build. I’ll do it over Christmas break. Since after buying electronics for my mustangs I am really low on cash so I can’t buy more electronics except maybe some servos I’ll be putting in my power pack b twin. That way I can still fly my standard planes on my c packs.
Know what you mean about being low on cash. Because of school I can't work as much and so my money supply isn't what it used to be.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Know what you mean about being low on cash. Because of school I can't work as much and so my money supply isn't what it used to be.
Yeah... I guess I have to realize that having 2 a pack motors, 2 b pack motors, two c pack motors, and an f pack motor let’s me build just about any plane, but the parts swapping is a pain...

mach1 rc

Master member
Yeah... I guess I have to realize that having 2 a pack motors, 2 b pack motors, two c pack motors, and an f pack motor let’s me build just about any plane, but the parts swapping is a pain...
Wow that's a lot of motors. I have 2 f pack motors 2 c pack and a few edfs. And it is annoying to keep swapping them.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Well, I couldn’t help myself...
F62DDD7F-EE03-49E2-B5FE-D5AE9A6F4385.jpeg

I tried out a new method where I took Elmer’s spray adhesive and sprayed a light coat onto the foam board. I let it sit for 3 minutes and then I set the plans on them and laid them down, making sure to smooth out the paper so there were no wrinkles. Then I waited about an hour till the adhesive was mostly dry. Then I was able to cut out the parts with everything staying in the right spot and not shifting on me! It worked so amazing! It gave me the precision needed for these master series. Here’s a picture of the spray I used:

32A41D42-734D-4B31-A1FF-44D28904E009.jpeg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Oh okay that's probably when I'll get around to it.
Cool. I’m just starting cutting out the parts so when I have a couple days that I can work on it, it won’t all be spent cutting parts out. Since it’s my first master series I am planning on it taking a long time. Plus I’m going to Minwax it and paint it, so depending on the weather hopefully it’ll hit the air by January.

mach1 rc

Master member
Cool. I’m just starting cutting out the parts so when I have a couple days that I can work on it, it won’t all be spent cutting parts out. Since it’s my first master series I am planning on it taking a long time. Plus I’m going to Minwax it and paint it, so depending on the weather hopefully it’ll hit the air by January.
Cool! I'm going to try to get my zero done before attempting this build. My first master series plane was the corsair and after that most of my planes have been master series.👍thanks so much @Splinter189

Last edited:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Wow😱 your killing it👍👏👌
I’m having a lot more fun than I thought I would with cutting the parts out. Usually I find this part boring but this is actually fun. I’ll have to do more master series! I know you said you e done the Corsair - have you built the P-47?

mach1 rc

Master member
I’m having a lot more fun than I thought I would with cutting the parts out. Usually I find this part boring but this is actually fun. I’ll have to do more master series! I know you said you e done the Corsair - have you built the P-47?
Actually no I haven't I've just been doing my own designs.