P-38 group build!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Oh, and I talked to one of my friends and he's going to help me paint it over break. He's into model railroading so he's got a lot of skill in that area. It should look pretty cool when we are done! I'm going to go for this paint scheme:
p-38-lighning-color-lead.jpg.pc-adaptive.full.medium.jpeg

mach1 rc

Master member
Oh, and I talked to one of my friends and he's going to help me paint it over break. He's into model railroading so he's got a lot of skill in that area. It should look pretty cool when we are done! I'm going to go for this paint scheme:
p-38-lighning-color-lead.jpg.pc-adaptive.full.medium.jpeg
Oh man that looks sweet. I definitely don't have good painting skills so if I ever tried painting the p-38 it would probably turn out awful.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Anyone have the FT P-38 SBK, and haven't built it, yet? Can you measure the alignment marks on part #5, as shown in the image please?
I'd like to verify the TE mark location, and add the LE mark location to the plans, so I can cut the parts, and build.
Great big THANK YOU, in advance!
((( EDIT: The LE marks are missing on the SBK, also. Well, poop. )))
AlignMarks.png

Last edited:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Anyone have the FT P-38 SBK, and haven't built it, yet? Can you measure the alignment marks on part #5, as shown in the image please?
I'd like to verify the TE mark location, and add the LE mark location to the plans, so I can cut the parts, and build.
Great big THANK YOU, in advance!
View attachment 150761
I don’t have the sbk but I just marked those marks half way in between on my foam board.

mach1 rc

Master member
I don't know if I will even be able to get mine done around Christmas because my printer broke down again 😒😥😔😕☹

Last edited:

newguy2012

I’m having a lot more fun than I thought I would with cutting the parts out. Usually I find this part boring but this is actually fun. I’ll have to do more master series! I know you said you e done the Corsair - have you built the P-47?
Super jealous! I just finished the P-47

Attachments

• 20191214_165101.jpg
    20191214_165101.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Have you built it yet?
No progress since I last posted. I just lost interest once there was no hope of snow. Flying a sea plane off the grass is ok, but that’s why I have the bushwacker. I’d rather have the servos in something else that I would fly more. Once there is a decent amount of snow in the forecast, I’ll get it done!

mach1 rc

Master member
No progress since I last posted. I just lost interest once there was no hope of snow. Flying a sea plane off the grass is ok, but that’s why I have the bushwacker. I’d rather have the servos in something else that I would fly more. Once there is a decent amount of snow in the forecast, I’ll get it done!
Ok I totally understand if I didn't have a pond I probably wouldn't have finished it

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Ok I totally understand if I didn't have a pond I probably wouldn't have finished it
Closest lake we go to is like an hour away and we go there several times in the summer. Last time I tried my cub on floats and it didn’t go well. I realized after I ruined my esc that my wing was shifted over an inch or two... I should have better luck next time!