P-38 group build!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
So the p-38 finally came out😁😁 and after mentioning doing a group build @The Hangar said he was in and if anyone else wants to build one you can post it here. It might be a while before I build my p-38 because my printer isn't working at the moment.😔
It might be a little while for me as well cause after I finish my sea angel I'll be building a few mustangs then I'll tackle a master series. However, I'm not sure it would be good to dive straight into the p-38 so I'm planning on doing a p-47 with @BATTLEAXE first. Then I'll hopefully be able to buy this kit.

mach1 rc

Master member
It might be a little while for me as well cause after I finish my sea angel I'll be building a few mustangs then I'll tackle a master series. However, I'm not sure it would be good to dive straight into the p-38 so I'm planning on doing a p-47 with @BATTLEAXE first. Then I'll hopefully be able to buy this kit.
Whenever your ready.

Zetoyoc

Elite member
I'd love to do the p- 38. I do have to wait untill at least after Christmas. I promised my family id stop starting new kits in case they ended up buying me something :). So if I do, or don't, get it for Christmas. I'll likely start then .

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I'd love to do the p- 38. I do have to wait untill at least after Christmas. I promised my family id stop starting new kits in case they ended up buying me something :). So if I do, or don't, get it for Christmas. I'll likely start then .
Haha - well it looks like we will all be starting our P-38's late then! I'm going to have to scratch build this one as I don't want to spend $60 on a new kit that would buy me 25 more sheets of ftfb! If I'm able to get the rimfire motor @BATTLEAXE uses soon then I'll have the two old c pack motors that will be able to go into this P-38. I have a feeling I could also put My two extra b pack motors I have that are unused at the moment but the c pack would be ideal. It's just that $70 for a motor + shipping is pretty expensive...

mach1 rc

Master member
Whenever your ready🙂 it will probably be around Christmas when I start.....it looks like I started this thread to early.🤣

mach1 rc

Master member
Haha - well it looks like we will all be starting our P-38's late then! I'm going to have to scratch build this one as I don't want to spend $60 on a new kit that would buy me 25 more sheets of ftfb! If I'm able to get the rimfire motor @BATTLEAXE uses soon then I'll have the two old c pack motors that will be able to go into this P-38. I have a feeling I could also put My two extra b pack motors I have that are unused at the moment but the c pack would be ideal. It's just that $70 for a motor + shipping is pretty expensive...
Wait what is a rim fire motor. The name sounds cool enough to buy one😜

mach1 rc

Master member
Starting a thread early is good on a group build, gives people time to see it, gain interest, and then plan for the build. Plus everyone builds at different places so even a late entry could quickly catch up
So I heard you were doing a p-47. I think you will like master series plane once I made my first master series plane 90% of my planes have been that kind.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
So I heard you were doing a p-47. I think you will like master series plane once I made my first master series plane 90% of my planes have been that kind.
I did want to do the P-47, but now that I am seeing the Spitfire might be released before the new year I might change my mind.
Cool I'll look into one
@The Hangar has a link if you want to check it out
which rim fire motor do you have?
It's the 3536 0.15 1200Kv on a 40 amp Eflte ESC. Biggest prop I have tried on it is a 11x7x3 with no issues, it will spin up to an 18" slow fly prop. And you can go up to 6s with it. I wish I had 2 of them for a twin

chris398mx

Master member
I did want to do the P-47, but now that I am seeing the Spitfire might be released before the new year I might change my mind.
@The Hangar has a link if you want to check it out
It's the 3536 0.15 1200Kv on a 40 amp Eflte ESC. Biggest prop I have tried on it is a 11x7x3 with no issues, it will spin up to an 18" slow fly prop. And you can go up to 6s with it. I wish I had 2 of them for a twin
That thing is pretty big. it doesn't cause balance issues (nose heavy)?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
So I started watching the build video and am getting pretty pumped up for this build. I have the mustangs to finish cutting but after that I will start cutting this plane out. It looks like it’s going to be a hard but rewarding build. I’ll do it over Christmas break. Since after buying electronics for my mustangs I am really low on cash so I can’t buy more electronics except maybe some servos I’ll be putting in my power pack b twin. That way I can still fly my standard planes on my c packs.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
That thing is pretty big. it doesn't cause balance issues (nose heavy)?
No, I run 2200 3s 99% of the time and I usually have the battery inside the pod, most of the planes will have the battery right up front about an inch back from the firewall. I have had to move the battery back a couple of inches for balance on two planes so far, the Bloody Baron is one because it is so short coupled, and I think I will have to on the FT-3D as well